300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychological fitness exam?

I have received a conditional offer for a local pd in the Sacramento area and only have the medical exam and a psychological fitness exam left. Has anyone heard of a psychological fitness exam?

Psych testing has been in use since the 60s or 70s. I doubt there are any PDs in the country that don't give a psych test.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

From what I have heard, this isn't a ordinary psych test. I guess the psychological fitness for duty exam is different from the ordinary.

Comment

I don't think so. One agency says tomato and another says tomahto.

It is the usual psych test, which consists of the MMPI and a sit down with a psych doctor afterwards.

If you pass then you will be psychologically fit to be a police officer, hence the name, "psychological fitness exam."

Comment

Makes sense lol, I guess I will find out. I'll let you know if it is any different.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hayerp View Post
            Makes sense lol, I guess I will find out. I'll let you know if it is any different.

Thanks!
            Have you taken one before? If I'm right you should have a test (MMPI) that consists of like 400 something questions, which takes about two to four hours to complete. After the test the psych doc. will interview you for anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3601 users online. 208 members and 3393 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X