300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD case manager question....

I have recently enrolled to join the LAPD. I hear my applicaiton is with a case manager. I have never heard of that? Is that a bad thing and is it a long process? Thanks in advance for your input.

I think it means they need another person to look at it.

Comment

Are you in backgrounds? I believe that all BGs have a case manager assigned.

Comment

Yes, I am going through the background process. I have not heard anything yet form them. I guess no news can be good news.

Comment

Originally posted by isellcaddys View Post
          Yes, I am going through the background process. I have not heard anything yet form them. I guess no news can be good news.
          You are not the background investigator's ONLY case. He, or she, has SEVERAL and has to prioritize how, when and where they will collect their data and interview their sources. I'll never forget one of my trainees telling me her background check "took forever" (a whole three months). Many have waited much longer.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by isellcaddys View Post
            I have recently enrolled to join the LAPD. I hear my applicaiton is with a case manager. I have never heard of that? Is that a bad thing and is it a long process? Thanks in advance for your input.
            Don't worry about the "case manager" thing. I went through LAPD process a few years back; case managers are a part of their hiring process, it's normal. They have BIs AND Case Managers and work together to a degree (although the BI is doing your background and all the heavy lifting), the CMs are not sworn personnel, but work for the LA City Personnel dept., a unique feature that most other socal or even CA agencies do not have in their hiring process. I actually spoke to mine on a few occasions (but I never got a a hold of my BI!).

Good luck.

Comment

Every applicant is assigned to a Case Manager, btw.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Can you tell us how everything went? Keep us inform?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6454 users online. 349 members and 6105 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X