300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFPD E-130 List

For those who have made it to the SFPD E-130 List (2014/2015), this post is meant to encapsulate the steps taken so far.

1. Test was taken in the Spring or Summer of 2014. This test was administered by NTN at the City and County of SF Testing Center on Cesar Chavez (Army) Street in San Francisco. Those who passed were invited to the Physical Agility Test (PAT).

2. In August, the PAT was held at the SF Police Academy. Those who passed the test were sat down in a room and introduced to Background Investigators (BI). The BI officers informed us to get our packages together. We were told to have all items ready to be mailed in as soon as we passed the Oral Interviews.

3. Oral Interviews were held in September. Those who passed this process went home and waited. We received an email if we had passed the oral interviews or not. In September the eligibility list was also published. It was the computed score of your written test and any other preference points accepted.

4. Those who passed the oral interview received the email in December to submit the full BI package. After submitting the BI package two emails went out from SF HR dept. which directed you to click a hyperlink in which you agreed to go forward. The confusing aspect was that those of us with no prior PD experience received the email agreeing for a "lateral" placement. The basic question was, how does one "lateral" to SFPD with no PD experience? Obviously an error. Big organization in a Big City. Get used to it.

From prior posts (this is a new thread), we can conclude that:
    A) A December class has started. If you aren't there already, then you may be eligible for--
    B) June Class
    C) October Class
    D) The process is long and arduous. SFPD Officers who post, state that patience and honesty is the key. It's also possible that although you may be an excellent candidate at another dept. you may not be for SFPD.

At this time, E130 (2015) is waiting to be informed if they have a been assigned a BI investigator.

After being assigned a BI investigator, the candidate will be screened through county, state and federal databases as well as personal references, neighbors and employment. Finally, the candidate may make it to, psychiatric, physical, and polygraph examinations. If a candidate passes those final 3 processes, then the BI investigator will "present your file" to a hiring board. At this meeting, a negative psychiatric evaluation can disallow any recommendation from the other entities. However, if the board accepts your nomination, then you are contacted and offered a slot at the upcoming academy. The phone call comes quick. You may only have a couple of weeks to quit your current job and report to the academy.

If I left anything pertinent out, go ahead and post. Keep in mind that my timeline may not match yours. The most important take away is that there are two classes scheduled for 2015. June and October. Good luck.

Update:
    SFPD is holding large, group interviews. These are ongoing. If one passes this step, they are assigned a BI.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMcN View Post
      Update:
      SFPD is holding large, group interviews. These are ongoing. If one passes this step, they are assigned a BI.
      I was part of the group for the January class, and I never went to a group interview. I was assigned a BI and went straight into backgrounds

Comment

Update:
        BUT.... Even if you pass the interview, you better meet the height and weight requirements or your package will get put on hold. I believe you have to be within 10 pounds. Even if you're a beast, under 15% body fat, and regardless if you wouldn't break a sweat during PT. Still an awesome agency. But you have to make tape.

Comment

Originally posted by CAprotectNserve View Post
          BUT.... Even if you pass the interview, you better meet the height and weight requirements or your package will get put on hold. I believe you have to be within 10 pounds. Even if you're a beast, under 15% body fat, and regardless if you wouldn't break a sweat during PT. Still an awesome agency. But you have to make tape.
          That's not true. I was 15 pounds over my weight requirement, but my body fat is under 10%, so the doctor put me down under as the athletic type instead of obese

Comment

Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
            That's not true. I was 15 pounds over my weight requirement, but my body fat is under 10%, so the doctor put me down under as the athletic type instead of obese
            Through the department or did you submit a note from your personal physician?

Comment

Originally posted by CAprotectNserve View Post
              Through the department or did you submit a note from your personal physician?
              Through the dept

Comment

For those who have made it to the SFPD E-130 List (2014/2015), this post is meant to encapsulate the steps taken so far.

1. Test was taken in the Spring or Summer of 2014. This test was administered by NTN at the City and County of SF Testing Center on Cesar Chavez (Army) Street in San Francisco. Those who passed were invited to the Physical Agility Test (PAT).

2. In August, the PAT was held at the SF Police Academy. Those who passed the test were sat down in a room and introduced to Background Investigators (BI). The BI officers informed us to get our packages together. We were told to have all items ready to be mailed in as soon as we passed the Oral Interviews.

3. Oral Interviews were held in September. Those who passed this process went home and waited. We received an email if we had passed the oral interviews or not. In September the eligibility list was also published. It was the computed score of your written test and any other preference points accepted.

4. Those who passed the oral interview received the email in December to submit the full BI package. After submitting the BI package two emails went out from SF HR dept. which directed you to click a hyperlink in which you agreed to go forward. The confusing aspect was that those of us with no prior PD experience received the email agreeing for a "lateral" placement. The basic question was, how does one "lateral" to SFPD with no PD experience? Obviously an error. Big organization in a Big City. Get used to it.

From prior posts (this is a new thread), we can conclude that:
                A) A December class has started. If you aren't there already, then you may be eligible for--
                B) June Class
                C) October Class
                D) The process is long and arduous. SFPD Officers who post, state that patience and honesty is the key. It's also possible that although you may be an excellent candidate at another dept. you may not be for SFPD.

At this time, E130 (2015) is waiting to be informed if they have a been assigned a BI investigator.

After being assigned a BI investigator, the candidate will be screened through county, state and federal databases as well as personal references, neighbors and employment. Finally, the candidate may make it to, psychiatric, physical, and polygraph examinations. If a candidate passes those final 3 processes, then the BI investigator will "present your file" to a hiring board. At this meeting, a negative psychiatric evaluation can disallow any recommendation from the other entities. However, if the board accepts your nomination, then you are contacted and offered a slot at the upcoming academy. The phone call comes quick. You may only have a couple of weeks to quit your current job and report to the academy.

If I left anything pertinent out, go ahead and post. Keep in mind that my timeline may not match yours. The most important take away is that there are two classes scheduled for 2015. June and October. Good luck.
                This is pretty much my process so far. Waiting to hear if I get assigned a BI currently. The only thing that worries me is the reference call to my current employer. I don't want it to jeopardize my relationship with my employer if somehow I get DQ'ed for the academy. Anybody have any idea what they say to your employer? I'm a good worker and have nothing to hide, but I think my boss won't be quite happy to be notified I am looking to bail and will make it awkward / limit my growth in the company if I don't make it all the way to academy.

Comment

Originally posted by califtfornia View Post
                  This is pretty much my process so far. Waiting to hear if I get assigned a BI currently. The only thing that worries me is the reference call to my current employer. I don't want it to jeopardize my relationship with my employer if somehow I get DQ'ed for the academy. Anybody have any idea what they say to your employer? I'm a good worker and have nothing to hide, but I think my boss won't be quite happy to be notified I am looking to bail and will make it awkward / limit my growth in the company if I don't make it all the way to academy.
                  Just tell them that you don't want them to contact your work until the end of the process. Depts understand that and they wouldn't want you to risk your job either

Comment

I am on the same list, however I took the oral interview in December, and recieved an email stating I passed the oral interview in December also. Is it weird that on the email it said wait for sfpd to contact me to turn in my backgrounds packet, yet people in this forum have stated that they have already turned their packets in? Is it because they took their oral interviews before me?

Comment

Originally posted by DubNation View Post
                      I am on the same list, however I took the oral interview in December, and recieved an email stating I passed the oral interview in December also. Is it weird that on the email it said wait for sfpd to contact me to turn in my backgrounds packet, yet people in this forum have stated that they have already turned their packets in? Is it because they took their oral interviews before me?
                      The E 130 list was broken into two sub groups. You're in the second group

Comment

Originally posted by Legion90 View Post
                        The E 130 list was broken into two sub groups. You're in the second group

Hello,

Anyone received an e-mail stating they are eligble to participate in the next academy sessions?

Comment

Originally posted by K_Jaay View Post
                          Hello,

Anyone received an e-mail stating they are eligble to participate in the next academy sessions?
                          Yea I just got one today. Not exactly sure what it means. Does it mean I am still being considered for June academy?

Comment

Originally posted by califtfornia View Post
                            Yea I just got one today. Not exactly sure what it means. Does it mean I am still being considered for June academy?
                            I believe so, I just completed everything so I was not ready for the January one. It is good news so definetly excited!

Comment

Did any one else hit a wall in BG? Spoke to my BI in Oct and hadn't heard anything till yesterday. Any one else experience this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4626 users online. 283 members and 4343 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X