300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi investigators

Hey guys have a ? Are bi investigators allowed to give you any good news whether your going to be hired or anything like that?
    In the process with a dept and got a conditional, failed the poly but he said no biggie n sent me for med n physch which I passed and Tom is chief review. Never got a letter in Mail dq or anything
    Thanks guys

Not ours. It's not their decision.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Not ours. It's not their decision.
      Ok thank you. When I talked to her today just didn't sound positive..
      Thanks again good luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

Then you didn't fail, sometimes they mess with you to see how you will react. No department is going to spend money on psych and med if you failed

Comment

It varies from agency to agency. When I did them the BI could say pass or fail, but his decision could be overturned by the brass when they reviewed the package. For that reason you never told the applicant what your recommendation was going to be just in case someone up the food chain got a bug up his a** for the applicant.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Wow thanks everyone, I quess getting to the chief review is a good thing? You guys are right they are on a state grant so they don't have money to waist on people who they don't want..
            Thanks make me feel a little better. Lol

Comment

I tell the applicant the decision is made far above my pay grade, but I make a recommendation. It's followed about 80% of the time on continuing the hiring process, and about 99.9% of the time on a DQ or non-select.
              Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
              Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizz View Post
                I tell the applicant the decision is made far above my pay grade, but I make a recommendation. It's followed about 80% of the time on continuing the hiring process, and about 99.9% of the time on a DQ or non-select.
                Thanks Blizz, I havenet recieved any bad news yet and today is chief review. I made it this far let's hope I make it all the way!

Comment

My boss USUALLY followed our recommendations for hire----------------but not always on our recommendations for a non select. (yes we could recommend either hire/do not hire)

If we DQ'ed someone they normally stayed DQ'ed
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    My boss USUALLY followed our recommendations for hire----------------but not always on our recommendations for a non select. (yes we could recommend either hire/do not hire)

If we DQ'ed someone they normally stayed DQ'ed
                    Thanks my dept has a grant to hire cops, so I'm quessing they wouldn't waist there money on me if they didn't think I would make it..
                    Like I said my bi didn't sound to positive the other day maybe bc she can't give me any Intel. Who nows it's all in there hands, I'm still in it until I hear other wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Krav instructor View Post
                      Thanks my dept has a grant to hire cops, so I'm quessing they wouldn't waist there money on me if they didn't think I would make it..
                      Like I said my bi didn't sound to positive the other day maybe bc she can't give me any Intel. Who nows it's all in there hands, I'm still in it until I hear other wise.
                      I think your BI question has been answered. Instead, I will make a comment. Your spelling (homonyms like waste/waist, there/their, to/too) is horrible and, unless you get hired by a department that doesn't care about that, it is going to cause you problems because your problems are ones that spell check won't pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                        I think your BI question has been answered. Instead, I will make a comment. Your spelling (homonyms like waste/waist, there/their, to/too) is horrible and, unless you get hired by a department that doesn't care about that, it is going to cause you problems because your problems are ones that spell check won't pick up.
                        Thanks Joe. Yes I'm a complete dope that can't spell so maybe I won't be hired. All good.

Comment

Originally posted by Krav instructor View Post
                          Thanks Joe. Yes I'm a complete dope that can't spell so maybe I won't be hired. All good.
                          Nothing that a little self study and effort can't resolve.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                            Nothing that a little self study and effort can't resolve.
                            Totally correct going to the book store after the gym.. Been out of school since 1990, a refresher course is needed.
                            Thanks again. Seems everyone on this thread is helpful.

Comment

When I was working I reviewed my Personnel file simply because I could & we were screwing with them. They forgot to remove the part I wasn't suppose to see. I saw the Psychologist's recommendation: Out of 5 choices he didn't recommend me for hire (# 3 of 5, 5 being the worst "do not hire") & obviously they ignored it. (COP's Secretary came into the office as I was reading the report & freaked out that I was not suppose to see that report. Oops! Too late!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4593 users online. 269 members and 4324 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X