Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside Sheriff Questions

Good morning,
    Last week I passed my written exam for Riverside and my PAT is scheduled for January 20th! I have two questions about the PAT.
    1. I know the minimums for push ups,sit ups and the run but you add your total amount in the minute even if possess. Is that used for comparing to your later physical tests or would this be something that could be a deal breaker between me and another lady? What are the totals used for?
    2. Also, I am very active. I do crossfit 5 times per week and I am very strong. I'm not worried about the push ups or sit-ups but the run has me worried. I can row or cycle all day long but running is not a strength. I'm training but if I were to fail the PAT,can you wait 3 months,like the written exam and retake it or does it take you back to step 1?
    Thanks so much!
    Mary

I will happily take any experiences about what occurred during your PAT!
    Mary

Comment

Once you clear backgrounds you have to complete a second PAT. They expect an improvement from the first PAT. A female I know failed the run twice and finally made it in under the time. I dont know how long she had to wait in between. It's only a mile and a half and you have 14 minutes to complete it. It's really not that hard specially if you're as active as you say you are.

Comment

You were right, I passed, thank you!
        Mary

Comment

Just curious what was on the test i am set to take it this friday thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Adios View Post
            Once you clear backgrounds you have to complete a second PAT. They expect an improvement from the first PAT. A female I know failed the run twice and finally made it in under the time. I dont know how long she had to wait in between. It's only a mile and a half and you have 14 minutes to complete it. It's really not that hard specially if you're as active as you say you are.
            Yes, but she's apparently one of those Crossfit nuts, so if she were allowed to substitute "lift weights faster" for the run, she'd be great, but the "moving your legs rapidly in a rhythmic stepping motion" thing is foreign to Crossfitters.

Originally posted by Michigan
            Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mxadam579 View Post
              Just curious what was on the test i am set to take it this friday thanks
              Written test? A lot of questions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5972 users online. 300 members and 5672 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X