300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Highway Patrol - 2015 Testing Cycle

Hey, i wanted to start a general thread for everyone taking the CHP exam this year. I plan on taking the written and PAT in April(18th+19th) in the Valley Division. I am an out of state applicant. Hoping to get information from others going through the process with me.

@kencarson,

The written can be easy/hard depending on how brushed up you are on your spelling/grammar. Start running and get prepared for the PAT early. As long as you prepare you will be fine.

Comment

Hey LameSkillz, I'm a veteran applicant and i know they put me right in the top tier. When i took the NYS Trooper exam i was giving 5 points which helped alot, but NY had a very strict tattoo policy. The removal treatments were getting very expensive. Do you know if guys taking the exam in April, have a shot at the October academy or is that a long shot?

Comment

@KenCarson

It depends but thats probably a long shot. I applied back in July and am barely meeting with my BI for the initial one on one interview this week (already did the group orientation). So 3 months from application until written/PAT, 2 weeks for written results (takes up to 6 weeks usually), 1 month until group orientation, and now 1 month for my initial meeting with my BI. Not sure how similar my situation is to others but hopefully this gives you an idea.

Also, I am an in state applicant so that may or may not change things.

Comment

Originally posted by adoragon View Post
          @KenCarson

It depends but thats probably a long shot. I applied back in July and am barely meeting with my BI for the initial one on one interview this week (already did the group orientation). So 3 months from application until written/PAT, 2 weeks for written results (takes up to 6 weeks usually), 1 month until group orientation, and now 1 month for my initial meeting with my BI. Not sure how similar my situation is to others but hopefully this gives you an idea.

Also, I am an in state applicant so that may or may not change things.
          Yeah I applied back in July 2014 as well and I have my one on one this week as well with my BI. I am on the same timeline you are on thus far. What division did you apply with?

@KenCarson - Yeah more than likely it will be a long shot. But you never know what can happen. Definitely got to have A LOT of patience, but I am sure you know since you have previous experience applying for law enforcement.

Comment

@LameSkillz

I'm in border division.

Comment

I applied back in July 2014 and had my initial BI interview about a week ago. I am out of state as well.

I was told there was no way I would make the March 2015 class. I thought it was a possibility considering I keep hearing of previous applicants moving through the process quickly, but apparently my best shot is this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by adoragon View Post
                @LameSkillz

I'm in border division.
                OK cool, I'm in southern.

Comment

Originally posted by gp360 View Post
                  I applied back in July 2014 and had my initial BI interview about a week ago. I am out of state as well.

I was told there was no way I would make the March 2015 class. I thought it was a possibility considering I keep hearing of previous applicants moving through the process quickly, but apparently my best shot is this summer.
                  Ok I was thinking maybe the March class too. How was your one on one?

Comment

Originally posted by gp360 View Post

I am hoping to get the March 2015 class. Waiting on my psych interview, just did my medical exam last week. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Yeah still making it in the summer academy is a Great turn around. NYPD have guys waiting 2-3 years for any response.

Any of you guys that been through heard any rumors about how this agency in particular feels about credit score? My score isn't horrible, but it isn't great either and it's honestly the only flaw i can say I have. Have you heard about anyone getting DQes based off of credit history?

Comment

Hey everyone, I hope the process is going smoothly for everyone. Here is my timeline.
                        Application date: 7/7/14
                        PAT:9/6/14
                        Written exam: 9/7/14
                        Written Results t-score: 10/15/14
                        Written Results overall score: 10/24/14
                        Background investigator assigned: 10/28/14
                        BIQ interview: 11/5/14
                        Initial interview: 11/21/14
                        CVSA: 12/4/14
                        Fingerprints: 12/19/14
                        Final interview: 1/5/15
                        Medical Evaluation:1/20/15
                        Psych Written test: 1/20/15

I am a veteran and scored an 85 overall on the written exam. I would have been done with pretty much everything besides the psych interview last month at least but; work needs a two week notice to request days off, and my references lagged it with the paperwork to be sent back. It is not looking good for the March academy since I still would have to wait for a psych interview so I will have to wait to hopefully get into the July academy. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
                        Last edited by Taking_marz; 01-05-2015, 09:15 PM. Reason: I messed up the years on the date.

Comment

Originally posted by Taking_marz View Post
                          Hey everyone, I hope the process is going smoothly for everyone. Here is my timeline.
                          PAT:9/6/14
                          Written exam: 9/7/14
                          Written Results t-score: 10/15/14
                          Written Results overall score: 10/24/14
                          Background investigator assigned: 10/28/14
                          BIQ interview: 11/5/14
                          Initial interview: 11/21/14
                          CVSA: 12/4/14
                          Fingerprints: 12/19/14
                          Final interview: 1/5/15
                          Medical Evaluation:1/20/15
                          Psych Written test: 1/20/15

I am a veteran and scored an 85 overall on the written exam. I would have been done with pretty much everything besides the psych interview last month at least but; work needs a two week notice to request days off, and my references lagged it with the paperwork to be sent back. It is not looking good for the March academy since I still would have to wait for a psych interview so I will have to wait to hopefully get into the July academy. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
                          Don't be surprised if you make it into the March class. CHP has a way of making the psychologists hurry up their report so that HR can send you an invite. Iv'e been told that you can get an invite as late as the week before the class starts.
                          Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

Hope everyone is well. Here is my timeline thus far.

Division: Southern
                            PAT:10/4/14
                            Written exam: 10/5/14
                            Written Results t-score: 10/16/14
                            Written Results overall score: 10/27/14
                            Background investigator assigned: 11/20/14
                            BIQ interview: 12/1/14
                            Initial interview: 01/06/15
                            Last edited by LameSkillz; 01-09-2015, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I'm in this current testing cycle as well. I'm currently awaiting my written test scores. I've taken the Pellet B in the past, so I'm not worried about scoring in the top tier. My previous BI was out of Southern, so hopefully my background process will be expedited.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7981 users online. 393 members and 7588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X