Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any POST Recert to Lateral Experience in SoCal?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any POST Recert to Lateral Experience in SoCal?

Greetings,

Just looking to see if anyone has done the recert (and has a POST cert) and get picked up as a lateral?

Former Socal cop turned federal Special Agent looking to come back to city policing. Long story short I have my POST basic certificate, worked for a SoCal department for a couple years, left to become a fed. Special Agent, after seven years I want to go back to city policing.

I have been told that some agencies will accept me as a lateral with the recert academy. Has anyone recently done the recert course? I know OCSD runs one, and Rio Hondo used to, but they have no classes listed on their schedule. I'm looking to do the three week course not over weekends. My agency has sent me to Europe for two years (hard life) so I will use up vacation to recert.

Thanks for the help.

I know someone who just did the re-cert course. Federal uniformed officer going to the state through the waiver process. Said it was pretty easy.

I also know another fed (1811) prior LAPD who is going through the re cert up in Napa. I believe they are bringing him in as a lateral.
    Last edited by AGInvestigator; 12-26-2014, 11:31 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

HMU via PM if you like, I did the OC POST-recert course in 2005, after five years off, and was picked up by an OC agency in 2006, FWIW. Been there ever since, still on the streets.
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

EDJ,

Thanks. I just spoke to some agencies and most are good to go with the recert except for one that will not accept it. I'm looking forward to getting back on the streets for sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5919 users online. 356 members and 5563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X