300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investigator phs question

I put in an application for DMV investigator for the Vallejo office. I was very rushed in doing it as it was my finals week for school. I made 3 pretty minor mistakes but want to make sure they're not major.

1. I Accidently added 30cents to what I actually make with regards to current salary

2. It said, have you ever been been disciplined at work. I checked no. However, I just realized I have very minor write ups from work. Some stemming back to when I was 18. I've missed my lunch once, didnt have a clean pressed shirt, stupid things like that.

I contemplated sending an email stating my errors but have not. I'm applying for the same job but a different city. if I correct this error on the second application, would it make me look bad as in inconsistent. Or am I just way overthinking this.

When you met with your investigator just tell them what happened. The salary is not a big deal neither is the write ups, if those are what you were written up for, all minor. They want to know the major things.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by emerorlincoln View Post
      I put in an application for DMV investigator for the Vallejo office. I was very rushed in doing it as it was my finals week for school. I made 3 pretty minor mistakes but want to make sure they're not major.

1. I Accidently added 30cents to what I actually make with regards to current salary

2. It said, have you ever been been disciplined at work. I checked no. However, I just realized I have very minor write ups from work. Some stemming back to when I was 18. I've missed my lunch once, didnt have a clean pressed shirt, stupid things like that.

I contemplated sending an email stating my errors but have not. I'm applying for the same job but a different city. if I correct this error on the second application, would it make me look bad as in inconsistent. Or am I just way overthinking this.

You will meet with the Investigator where you will have an opportunity to clear any discrepancies. If you get a Conditional Offer you will be required to fill out an even larger packet. Don't worry about it. Just focus on the interview.

Comment

If there are zero mistakes in your BI packet you have not lived much or some kinda freak...
        Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Who cares?

Like...how many? Probably an additional who cares.

1. Is so immaterial no one is going to even notice it unless they're trying really, really hard to DQ you (there's lots of other stuff that BI can come up with to DQ you.)

2. Is meh, but you should clarify that in your PHS interview.

You said three things, that was two. I know, I counted them. One (1), Two (2.) What's the third?
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3631 users online. 221 members and 3410 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X