300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride along for Bay Area agencies?

Anyone know how I get schedule a ride along with a local agencies? I've talked to a few and they've cut back and don't offer them anymore. You either have to know somebody (Concord) or are a current applicant (Pittsburg).

Originally posted by gochan View Post
    Anyone know how I get schedule a ride along with a local agencies? I've talked to a few and they've cut back and don't offer them anymore. You either have to know somebody (Concord) or are a current applicant (Pittsburg).
    As far I as I know Pittsburg does ride alongs. I know coco county does ride alongs and so does Martinez. Call the non emergency dispatch or an administration number, someone will help you out.

Comment

Are you asking about Bay Area agencies in general or CoCo County agencies?
      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
        Are you asking about Bay Area agencies in general or CoCo County agencies?
        Bay Area agencies in general. But specifically CoCo since I live in Coco and distance wise would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by gregorydg View Post
          As far I as I know Pittsburg does ride alongs. I know coco county does ride alongs and so does Martinez. Call the non emergency dispatch or an administration number, someone will help you out.
          I've talked to Pittsburg and they only do ride alongs for current applicants. I applied for CCCSO and just called to give them my info. They said they will do a background and get back to me anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks.

Comment

You can go to their websites and they'll usually have a form you can fill out and bring in to them. If not, stop by and request a form. I've tried with Hayward and Antioch but never heard back.

Comment

You just have to do legwork and reach out to them....Ive done numerous ride alongs in coco and aco counties as well as other counties.

Comment

I did one with San Ramon PD about a year and a half ago. Just signed up...didn't know anyone and was not in the process. Might want to give them a try?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5947 users online. 343 members and 5604 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X