Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deputy probation officer

anyone a DPO here?

DPO here in rural Nor Cal. 15 years working for a very law enforcement oriented, aggressive Probation Department in a rural Nor Cal county. Our Chief Probation Officer is fantastic. Equips us...trains us...and EXPECTS us to be out working with our local LE agencies daily. It's a small, tight brotherhood up here...the way it should be. Being a rural county we all know each other on a first name basis. We (Probation) provide back all the time for S.O. and PD Units, as they do for us. The way it shoud be. It kills me when I hear that Probation and Law Enforcement aren't partnering in some of the bigger counties. It's a no-brainer partnership. We work with the same pool of felons...the intel sharing alone is worth it. And it's even better when we patrol with our PD units...the look on a felons face when he sees his Probation Officer side by side with a PD Officer is priceless...the B.S. stops immediately.

Comment

Nice man. I just got hired as a DPO here in Nor Cal (central valley). I was originally hired as a PCO a few months ago but I'm graduating with my bachelors in a couple of weeks so I got the DPO position. I just turned 21 in September and I'm a heck of a lot younger then the other officers. Luckily I interned at the same Dept. I got hired at for 4 months so I'm very familiar with the Dept. and the people that work here. That's awesome to hear about other dept's being law enforcement oriented and being armed as well. Only units that I know of that aren't armed here are juvenile intake and court assignments. Just last year we had 80 armed officers and I'm sure that number has grown. Sounds like your dept. is very similar to ours. Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by GTrev View Post
        Nice man. I just got hired as a DPO here in Nor Cal (central valley). I was originally hired as a PCO a few months ago but I'm graduating with my bachelors in a couple of weeks so I got the DPO position. I just turned 21 in September and I'm a heck of a lot younger then the other officers. Luckily I interned at the same Dept. I got hired at for 4 months so I'm very familiar with the Dept. and the people that work here. That's awesome to hear about other dept's being law enforcement oriented and being armed as well. Only units that I know of that aren't armed here are juvenile intake and court assignments. Just last year we had 80 armed officers and I'm sure that number has grown. Sounds like your dept. is very similar to ours. Stay safe.
        Congratulations on the Bachelor's Degree and the new position. Good to hear you work for a Chief that equips you appropriately for the job. It kills me that there are still a few Probation Departments remaining in the state that DO NOT arm and train their DPOs...the good old Social Service agency approach. Being armed does not mean we can't help people rehabilitate...I'm all for that...if my felon is trying to make a change I will support him/her 100%. However, to send DPOs in the field to do what we do unarmed is just insane. A former Chief of mine always said, "How many patrol officers would hit the streets unarmed? DPO's are no different." Great point. Stay safe yourself.

Comment

powers ?

Comment

Originally posted by GTrev View Post
            powers ?
            No but I hear Jerry Powers did a great job in Stanislaus County and is doing the same down in Los Angeles now. Getting that department ARMED and trained as they shoud have been many years ago. I believe prior to his arrival only their task force and gang unit DPOs were armed. Insane. I hear he has really cleaned up that department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4778 users online. 286 members and 4492 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X