300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop 47! Yay!

I have great news for the member of California Law Enforcement here!

Prop 47 passed! Jerry Brown was re-elected, Kamala Harris was re-elected, we still have AB109.

Dude, this is the perfect storm. You could literally look the same dude 3 times in the same shift. Talk about job security!
    Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
    Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

im stuck here 9 more years....

Comment

I love your positive view on things!

Auto and home insurance going up? Double? Triple?

My DA challenged Gascon on the radio about it. I can't believe two counties brought this to us.
      semper destravit

Comment

Thankfully I work and live in cities that have city jails and/or pay for misdemeanor bed space in county... and where early release from jails are minimal. Places like LA/Fresno etc where it's all cite and release with 10% served time sentences are in for a storm. I have a long time left here before I can escape to a red state.

I want to say this though. F newt gingrich and the bleeding hearts on the right that supported this measure. I expect the bleeding heart liberals to support this crap. But when you have people like Gingrich and huckabee in positions of power on the right support liberal crime and punishment measures, the bad guys win.

Comment

You know it's bad when you go to the jail to book someone for auto theft and the conversation with the booking deputy:
          Booking: "Are they drunk or high?"
          Me: "No, why?"
          Booking: "You're going to need to cite them out, 10851 VC is a misdemeanor according to our new books and you don't have an 853.6 exemption."

I believe our "leadership" in Sacramento is trying to reduce crime by getting rid of crimes, as opposed to actually helping people rehabilitate or punishing them into no longer re-offending. If it's not illegal, it can't be counted as a crime stat!

This State has f**ked itself now.

Comment

Catch someone with dope,,, book, cite, and release in the field..This has got to be the worst Prop. that California ever had....I'm so glad I'm retired and don't have to deal with this BS...
            Retired LASD

Comment

Don't take the paper. Treat it as a misfraction. Let the public suffer. They were too stupid to stop this Clownshoes action.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I said it last night. Mark my words. Inside of this decade there will be corrections, I mean "changes" to this and it will restore the natural order. How is 10851 a misdemeanor? Likelihood of reoccurrence?
                semper destravit

Comment

How did we go from the state that passed one of the first three strikes laws to being well on the way to what will be barely removed from third world levels of predation?

Those of you applying to enter California law enforcement, don't do it. Go to another state or just find a different career. I don't think I have any fight left for this state, other than keeping myself and my partners alive. The pople have spoken, and they said in resounding fashion that they much prefer the ways of meth-addled thieves taking their hard-earned property with near impunity.

It passed with enough margin that the lines are clearly drawn. Either the good people get off their butts and straighten this POS state out, or prepare to know true suffering.

Arm yourselves, train and show the criminals where the liberals live. They are the ones who deserve to be the victims.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Here's what it all entails,

New law: 459.5 PC the new misdemeanor crime of shoplifting, "Entering any commercial structure with the intent to steal where the value is below $950".

473(b) P.C. Forgery where value is below $950, misdemeanor.

476(a) P.C. NSF where value is below $950, misdemeanor. Unless 3 or more specified crimes.

490.2 P.C. Grand theft of any kind (ie. purse snatching, GTA, theft of firearm), misdemeanor unless the value (which must be factually established at pleading) exceeds $950.

496(a) P.C. Receiving stolen property, misdemeanor unless the value (which must be factually established at pleading) exceeds $950.

666 P.C. Petty theft with a prior (wobbler) only applies to prop 47 ineligible defendants (ie child molesters, rapers, elder abusers, and killers).

11350 H&S Possession of controlled substance (cocaine, heroin, etc) misdemeanor

11377 H&S Possession of controlled substance (meth, PCP, ex, etc) misdemeanor

11357(a) H&S Possession of concentrated cannabis (Hash) misdemeanor.

and for real fun lets open the prison doors....

Proposition 47 also impacts the following:
                    Proposition 47 also enacted a new Penal Code section 1170.18, which sets forth
                    procedures for those previously convicted and sentenced for one of the above offenses
                    to petition for resentencing under the misdemeanor provisions. Unless a court
                    determines that the person poses an “unreasonable risk” of committing one of the
                    crimes listed in Penal Code section 667(e)(2)(c)(iv), the petitioner will get resentenced
                    and his/her conviction will be deemed a misdemeanor for all purposes, except
                    possessing firearms. The provisions of “Marsy’s Law” will apply to the resentencing.
                    Previous felonies which carried 3-year statutes of limitation and resulted in arrests,
                    bookings, higher bail, in-custody filing deadlines, DA prosecution, preliminary hearings
                    and felony sentences are now misdemeanor classifications and will generally mean 1-
                    year statutes of limitation, citation and release per Penal Code section 853.6, city
                    attorney prosecution in some jurisdictions, shorter trial deadlines, and lighter maximum
                    sentences.

Also, this law took effect immediately
                    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                      Arm yourselves
                      That's getting harder and harder. Because while the state is passing crap laws that make crimes into lesser offenses, they are going the other way with regulations regarding guns. Essentially, the law abiding folk are less able to defend themselves from a population with an incresing number of offenders who, by coincidence are not encumbered by gun laws in how they arm themselves. Hopefully the LA County Sherriff will wake the F up and realize that Peruta V San Diego isn't going away and actually start issuing CCWs for self defense.

Comment

We'll see, new sheriff starts 12/1.
                        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

same voters that elected.....I shouldn't be surprised it passed

Comment

It all started with free cheese..
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              It all started with free cheese..
                              I like cheese.

I pay extra for the grated cheese on my Subway sandwiches.
                              Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                              Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5881 users online. 322 members and 5559 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X