300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifer Parole

Most do not know this but it may be of some interest to homicide investigators. Under a deal our great governor made when the state missed the population cap on prison population reduction, a new Board of Prison terms rule / law went quietly into effect. Now, irrespective of how many years a murderer may be sentenced to as part of a life sentence, at age 60 they are now automatically eligible for parole consideration. In other words, lets say your 50 year old defendant gets a first degree murder conviction / sentence of 25 years to life, at age 60 he or she will be eligible to be paroled. This does not guarantee a parole date will be set, but with now about 30% of lifers now getting a parole date each year (as opposed to about 3% before AB109), there will be a lot more convicted killers on the streets. Although a bit older, I bet they can still pull a trigger.
    T.K.
    http://tonykoester.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can destroy a government more quickly than its failure to observe its own laws, or worse, its disregard of the charter of its own existence" (Mr. Justice Stewart, Elkins v. United States 364 U.S. 206 (1960)

sigpic

Yay for AB109!
    Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
    Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Don't forget prop 47!
      semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
        Don't forget prop 47!
        Yay for Prop 47!
        Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
        Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

I have already heard a lot of "it's a misdemeanor not committed in my presence, no report for you..."
          semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4888 users online. 306 members and 4582 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X