Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 3%@50 agencies hiring laterals near the central coast?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 3%@50 agencies hiring laterals near the central coast?

Greetings,

Just wondering if you guys work for or know any agencies hiring in the central coast (near san luis Obispo) that are accepting laterals and will honor the calpers 3%@50 formula I have with my current agency. My significant other will likely get a job offer up there so I'm looking at options.

I have my advanced post, bilingual in Spanish, and college degree if that helps.

I believe CalPERS does not allow "New Hires" to have anything better than [email protected] Call Santa Maria PD, they are hiring a bunch right now...
    My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

Originally posted by chiefjack View Post
      I believe CalPERS does not allow "New Hires" to have anything better than [email protected] Call Santa Maria PD, they are hiring a bunch right now...
      If you use recprocity (for County and City Systems) or are already in Calpers (even for a different agency) you are considered "Classic" Calpers employee and entitled to the classic formula if you have no break in service when you lateral.

Comment

Exactly! I'm currently at a 3%@50 agency and want to keep it when I lateral. Plenty of southern California agencies hiring with the 3%@50 but the few I've found in the central coast have 3%@55.

And it looks like San Luis obispo county sheriff has a non calpers setup.

Comment

Originally posted by lsxowner View Post
          Exactly! I'm currently at a 3%@50 agency and want to keep it when I lateral. Plenty of southern California agencies hiring with the 3%@50 but the few I've found in the central coast have 3%@55.

And it looks like San Luis obispo county sheriff has a non calpers setup.
          SLO Sheriff has 3 at 50 it looks like per their last MOU. County systems have reciprocity just like Calpers. You get two checks when you retire, but both are based on your final salary. They are hiring.

Comment

Atascadero has a listing posted on the PORAC website. Don't know what the deadline is for filing.

http://www.atascadero.org/files/Pers...er_10-2014.pdf
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I would start here. It's an old list but you can find the cities on the list near the area you're looking and then take a closer look at their MOU to find out. http://porac.org/agencies-with-3-50-retirement/

Comment

Don't discount [email protected] agencies. You can still go at 50 and your years at the new agency will be at lest 2.5%. Every year after 50 it increases by .1% capping with 3%@55.
                If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Check the agencies with money. Santa Maria PD, Pismo Beach PD, Arroyo Grande PD, SLO PD, Atascadero PD, Paso Robles PD, Morro Bay PD
                  Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                  Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyjr View Post
                    SLO Sheriff has 3 at 50 it looks like per their last MOU. County systems have reciprocity just like Calpers. You get two checks when you retire, but both are based on your final salary. They are hiring.
                    Does anyone know if laterals have to work custody? I'd like to go to a patrol spot. I spent three years working custody when I started with my current department and although I learned a lot, I have no desire to do it again unless I get some nice stripes on my sleeve.

Comment

Morro Bay has money? Last I checked their salaries for laterals was awfully low...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5975 users online. 305 members and 5670 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X