300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR and CalPers

Just wondering if there is any active CDCR Officers on the boards I have a question in regards to the retirement o new hires. I currently am under a Calpers retirement of [email protected] and want to know if that is grandfathered in to a new hire? feel free to PM me if need be. thank you. I have also tried contacting CDCR HR and havent been able to obtain an answer from them.

To answer your question: if you are vested in [email protected] and try to lateral to an equivalent position you would be a legacy PERS member and the new agency would begin to pay that.

If you are hired under a completely different position, your [email protected] would stop and you get [email protected] (or whatever the new model is for non-safety).
    semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
      To answer your question: if you are vested in [email protected] and try to lateral to an equivalent position you would be a legacy PERS member and the new agency would begin to pay that.

If you are hired under a completely different position, your [email protected] would stop and you get [email protected] (or whatever the new model is for non-safety).
      If you are a "classic" Calpers member you are entitled to the old retirement formula. It doesn't matter what your old position/formula or your new position/formula is. Vesting only is a factor if you have a break in service. If you going right from one agency to another (without a break in service) reciprocity kicks in and you don't need to be vested.

Source: I emailed Calpers about this a few months ago specific to going to a state agency. They were pretty prompt in responding to my specific situation.

Be sure to find out that the "classic" formula is actually 3 at 50 though. There were a lot of departments and agencies that switched to 3 at 55 just before PEPRA kicked in. If they contractually switched formulas before PEPRA, than that's now the classic formula and you can never get 3 at 50.
      Last edited by nobodyjr; 10-26-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158440 users online. 133 members and 158307 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X