Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Detention services officer in LA county probation department.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Detention services officer in LA county probation department.

I was wondering if anyone knows do DSO's carry anything on duty? I seen pictures of DSO's for LA county, but I never seen a picture were one is wearing handcuffs, pepper spray, baton or anything else on their belt. I hear that working the Juveniles Halls can be dangerous at times, so what do they use besides hands to protect the kids, staff and their selves?
    Also, anyone know how hard are the academy stress levels and physical training? I'm in the hiring process and want to be ready for the academy. Thanks in advance.

They have pepper sray ad maybe handcutfs. If you can walk a mile then you will pass their "academy" hate to say but probation is joke but its astep in the county
    Last edited by moparfan; 11-21-2014, 06:58 PM.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by Torres86 View Post
      I was wondering if anyone knows do DSO's carry anything on duty? I seen pictures of DSO's for LA county, but I never seen a picture were one is wearing handcuffs, pepper spray, baton or anything else on their belt. I hear that working the Juveniles Halls can be dangerous at times, so what do they use besides hands to protect the kids, staff and their selves?
      Also, anyone know how hard are the academy stress levels and physical training? I'm in the hiring process and want to be ready for the academy. Thanks in advance.
      Which band were you placed in and how long did it take to receive the results for your written?

Comment

I got band 4. My score is 82.3 I needed at least 82.5 to be band 3. It took about 5 weeks to get results in mail for the written.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3743 users online. 197 members and 3546 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X