300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baton laws for civilin

Basically I do loss prevention and make a few "friends." No matter how polite I can be, there will always be ''friends."

I'd like to know if there is a civilian baton permit.

Being a security guard, can I get the added on baton permit to be able to carry off the clock or does that not work that way.

For whatever it's worth, in from San Mateo county, ca, so please only reply if your from my state

Have you checked BSIS? Or your employer?

I have never heard of carrying a baton off duty for security guards. Are you over 21? Perhaps a CCW from Greg is in order?
    Last edited by RGDS; 10-08-2014, 09:09 AM.
    semper destravit

Comment

Just carry a knife. Or get a CCW. A baton alone is a poor defensive tool. Most cops don't even use them very much.

Comment

Originally posted by emerorlincoln View Post
        Basically I do loss prevention and make a few "friends." No matter how polite I can be, there will always be ''friends."

I'd like to know if there is a civilian baton permit.

Being a security guard, can I get the added on baton permit to be able to carry off the clock or does that not work that way.

For whatever it's worth, in from San Mateo county, ca, so please only reply if your from my state
        http://californiaguardcardonline.com/baton-permit/
        Retired

Comment

You CANNOT carry a baton, ASP, or other impact device "off duty." It is a violation of the CA Penal Code.
          You may NOT carry a baton while working unless certified and authorized by your employer.
          Last edited by CCCSD; 10-08-2014, 07:25 PM.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

even cops cant carry batons off duty. Get a CCW

Comment

Originally posted by CityCop21 View Post
              You must not be a cop because we can if we want to, but it's rare to see cops carrying a full size baton off duty, maybe a short ASP.

Comment

Can't and don't are two different things.
                semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by CityCop21 View Post
                  Nothing in 22295 PC says we have to be on duty to carry. An off duty cop could carry a baton off duty legally if they so desired.

Word of advice. As an LP agent be professional with your arrestees. Treat them the way you would want to be treated. Don't demean, don't make it personal, and have friendly conversations whenever possible. You'll learn a lot about crooks that way and the vast majority will not harbor any ill will toward you later. They are just doing their job committing their crime. You're just doing your job stopping them.
                  If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeRoy View Post
                    Nothing in 22295 PC says we have to be on duty to carry. An off duty cop could carry a baton off duty legally if they so desired.

Word of advice. As an LP agent be professional with your arrestees. Treat them the way you would want to be treated. Don't demean, don't make it personal, and have friendly conversations whenever possible. You'll learn a lot about crooks that way and the vast majority will not harbor any ill will toward you later. They are just doing their job committing their crime. You're just doing your job stopping them.
                    ^ Wisdom.
                    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5092 users online. 303 members and 4789 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X