Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County- Correctional Services Assistant

Anyone taking the test this Saturday?

I'm confused about the job, do the CSA's go hands on with inmates just like Riverside County's Correctional Deputies that do the similar 9-Week CDCR Academy?

Thanks.

No you have zero inmate contact. Ironically you're provided with handcuffs and pepper spray. You will be working in a guard station.

Comment

With respect,

What is the point of a Correctional Service Assistant Academy if they aren't sworn and will be treated as a public employee?

Riverside's Correctional Deputies are PC 832 but not Sworn-Peace Officers yet they are legally allowed to go hands on with inmates.

It's just a question, I'm just confused on why a civilian would have to go through an academy for similar duties of a Custody Assistant?

Comment

instead of asking why ocsd does this or does that, ask yourself why are you even applying w/ ocsd. taking the test and passing the test is ur first agenda. ur going to have a long day tomorrow. be prepared. i signed a conditional offer w/ ocsd and completed my medical evaluation and psychological evaluation. waiting for an official offer and academy date. i can not wait.

Comment

Originally posted by professional_nick View Post
          With respect,

What is the point of a Correctional Service Assistant Academy if they aren't sworn and will be treated as a public employee?

Riverside's Correctional Deputies are PC 832 but not Sworn-Peace Officers yet they are legally allowed to go hands on with inmates.

It's just a question, I'm just confused on why a civilian would have to go through an academy for similar duties of a Custody Assistant?
          The point of them is to replace positions formerly filled by Deputies in the jails which did not require a fully sworn peace officer. Anyone can open a door with a control panel or keep a log book for a module. However, they go through an Academy because normal people off the streets don't understand what goes on in a jail and the Academy teaches them basic information about working in a jail and gives them the "police mindset" as well as stress inoculation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3237 users online. 160 members and 3077 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X