300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresno PD

Anyone here got any info on fresno in regards to how many they are hiring?, also, anyone going through the process, or Have already gone through the process and can shed some light on the expected time frame in each step of the process?

I'm from fresno myself brother, and the sheriff's officer is hiring. Look up fresno county.com for updates to peace officer positions.

Comment

Originally posted by David_sam View Post
      I'm from fresno myself brother, and the sheriff's officer is hiring. Look up fresno county.com for updates to peace officer positions.
      Thanks for the heads up!! I looked at SO too but I think there's only a posting for laterals (which i am not)..

Comment

I am considering a lateral move to Fresno PD. I want to continue working for a larger agency, therefore I am not interested in Clovis. I do not want to work custody or courts, so the SO is out of the picture (assuming they handle these responsibilities). I want to work for a large, fast paced agency that has diversity among opportunities in investigations/special ops and hopefully a full time tactical unit. I visit the area often, so Fresno seems like a good mixture of the type of policing I enjoy, and the opportunities I look forward to pursuing.

I don't have any personal/professional contacts with Fresno PD, so I'm turning to the board to hopefully lend me some insight before I start actively setting up ride alongs and applying. Thank you for your time and best of luck to everyone testing...best job in the world !
        point am i clear?

Comment

8100 At Fresno SO you wont work custody as a Deputy. Thats the sole territory of the Correctional Officer classification. As a lateral you will/should be hired as a Deputy III. So you will go to patrol.... or at most spend a few months in courts waiting for the FTO program to start a new cycle. Honestly, lateral, new to an agency, the courts isnt a bad place to get the feel for your new dept and meet some good people. 2-stripers, Sgts. the Lt are all good people and all experienced. FSO also has Bailiffs as well..... people who were hired specifically to work courts as deputies. So if you do end up in courts, just take a breather and use it as a way to start getting acquainted. I was there about 4 months waiting for the next FTO cycle and actually didnt mind the break.
          Although you will go through the entire FTO as a lateral. If you get hired as a Deputy II, you will go to the courts and spend time there. So just make sure what you apply for and accept. FSO has made some changes to the tiers people come on at on the retirement schedule, so again.... make sure you look into that before you make the jump. In regards to the full FTO program, as long as you just take it and just have fun and learn the areas, you'll find its more of a two man car type FTO for laterals vs a "training program". I had 8 years on and had been a former FTO when I went through, and it was fine. Yeah, you'll be out there in a group on a training day with all the other trainees going over traffic stops, case law and how to do subject checks, but just have a good time. FPD is a great agency as well. Just depends on what you are looking for. But working for the SO... its hard to beat covering 6100 square miles.
          Last edited by FlyingPig1; 09-11-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

BUMP for any additional or updated info. Stay safe !
            point am i clear?

Comment

Last I heard they are trying to hire 10 a month for the next two years.

$10k signing bonus for laterals and front load of Comp, Holiday, Vacation, and Sick hours.

New contract in July with hopefully a significant pay increase across the board since that $10k signing bonus will only go so far and the Dept still won't be competitive with other Valley agencies.

Transitioning from PTO program to FTO program.

A ton of special units. Any unit you can think of, it's there. 10 hr shifts for patrol; you can opt for rotating days off or fixed days off.

Good Luck.
              It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by pls_849(b) View Post
                Anyone here got any info on fresno in regards to how many they are hiring?, also, anyone going through the process, or Have already gone through the process and can shed some light on the expected time frame in each step of the process?
                Your username still makes me laugh.
                Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2658 users online. 150 members and 2508 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X