Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Orange County Sheriff's Department CSA and CST positions.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Orange County Sheriff's Department CSA and CST positions.

Any one currently in the process for both the CSA and CST positions w/ the Orange County Sheriff's Department? I'm currently in backgrounds for the CSA position. My references and neighbors have received background letters. I'm waiting for the next step. I've read previous threads regarding backgrounds wait time and moving on to the next step, and it seems like roughly a 2 month wait. I have a CST selection interview this Friday. I'm really excited about this opportunity. I would love to hear from current and former CSA and CST candidates. Please share your thoughts and experiences. I hope to hear positive news in the coming days regarding both the CSA and CST positions. Thanks in advance for sharing.

If your goal is to become a Deputy then hopefully you get picked up as a CSA. CST's usually don't go to the academy as often as CSA 's do.

A job is a job though.

Comment

@ el_jefe, are you w/ OCSD? CSA? i eventually want to become a deputy w/ OCSD. both the CSA and CST positions are great for getting your foot in the door.

Comment

@ el_jefe, please check your pm. thanks!

Comment

Any one else in the process?

Comment

I'm currently in the process for DST and just moved on through backgrounds, however the only negative thing they told me was education (currently military joined right out of highschool) so they said if I dont get DST because of that then they would most likely offer me a CSA position, which would be great while I go back to school and get my degree.

Comment

Opt for CSA, it's a much more legitimate position. Most people who are CST's have no future of becoming deputies but many CSA's do become deputies.

Comment

Does any body know when the academy for CSA start?

Comment

@ SamSo55, are you in the CSA process? Where are you at in the process?

Comment

Not myself, but a friend of mine. She keeps wondering why her BI hasn't contacted her in three weeks. Her references have not received the letters and she thinks she has been DQ'd. She started backgrounds on July 3rd. Where are you in the process @dctalk523?

Comment

i met w/ my bi on july 8th. had my live scan done the same day. my personal references, work references and neighbors all received letters. nearly all of my references have responded to the letters. i have been in contact w/ my bi via email regarding my neighbors missing letters. the fact that my bi responded back to my email is good news. has your friend tried reaching out to her bi for a status update? i had my cst selection interview today. it went very well. i hope to hear good news soon.

Comment

The only time she had any contact with her BI was three weeks ago regarding some college transcripts via email. She feels worried that she's falling behind and no letters have been send out to her work or references. Do you think it will be a good idea for her to email her BI and ask where she stands in the process?

Comment

Update on my friends status. Not selected. She also found out the date of next CSA academy, Sep 19th. Good luck dctalk523! and everyone who made the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

sorry to hear about your friend not moving forward w/ the process. did she call or did she ask via email? did she ever get a letter from the department letting her know that she was not moving forward? sorry for the late response. i was having computer issues. i hope to hear something soon.

Comment

She got all this info from someone in the department, it's one of those " friend of a friend" kind of thing. They told her they were in the final stages of selecting possible candidates for CSA, and that if she had not received anything from her BI after she met with him or her, that she probably didn't make it, that it is to late to send out letters to her references at this point, and that she will be getting her " thanks but no thanks" letter late this month or early September. She also tried contacting her BI last week and they never responded to her. It's a hard job to get, competition is tough with a lot of the candidates having military backgrounds and criminal justice degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6495 users online. 352 members and 6143 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X