300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP and Army Reserve

I am currently serving in the army reserves, and I'm really interested in the California Highway Patrol. I know that after the academy, the CHP places you wherever there is a need. The problem is that my base is in Sacramento, and I need to remain within 50 miles of my reserve unit. Would CHP have to place me within this area? Or could they send me to Southern California? TIA.

Everyone wants to go to Sacto and the boondock Area Offices.

Most of the newbies wind up going to vacancies in San Diego; the LA, Riverside, San Bernardino Metro Areas; SF and the Bay Area, created by senior officers who are using their seniority to transfer to Sacto and boondock assignments.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

You are not required to live within 50 miles of your Reserve unit. That's just a suggestion as it puts a burden on the member to have to drive and pay expenses. BTDT.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Back in my day, we had a few guys in our unit who became LEOs and had to relocate a long ways away. They were able to transfer to other units closer to their new location.

Comment

We have a dude in my reserve unit that lives in Boston and flies out to socal every month for drill. Cost him more in airfare than he makes for the weekend.

Comment

Tax deductible.

Comment

Unit has to provide billeting for soldiers outside of 50 miles. You connot be forced to live withing 50 miles of your unit.

Comment

Billeting can consist of a cot in an office and an MRE. They do not have to provide a hotel room/berthing unless on ADT/TDY etc orders. Drills are not covered.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4962 users online. 260 members and 4702 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X