300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCSD 2014 Applications

I got my application in the first day for the JUL2014 Deputy Trainee position, anyone else apply and/or here anything yet? I'm trying to look for people who are also going for the position to keep in touch with.

Originally posted by DocJones View Post
    I got my application in the first day for the JUL2014 Deputy Trainee position, anyone else apply and/or here anything yet? I'm trying to look for people who are also going for the position to keep in touch with.
    I applied last year 3/2013 passed written, passed PAT, passed psychological, fail medical (?) I received my Non-selected letter after this. I was not told why I was non-selected just to re-apply in one year; I'm assuming because of the medical. It is a fast process within 2 months I had done almost everything; this department is very organized and strict with their hiring, be serious and do not mess around.
    Good luck.

I haven't reapplied because I'm in backgrounds with LASD.
    Applied: Aug 2011
    Written Exam: Nov 2011
    Oral Interview: Dec 2011
    Background Interview/ Turned in Packet: March 2012
    Background Investigator Assigned: April 2014
    Fingerprinted: April 2014
    Polygraph exam: May 2014
    Vpat exam: July 2014
    Background Completed: August 2014
    Packet Turned in for Review/Approved: August 2014/September 2014
    Written Psych: September 2014
    Oral Psych: September 2014
    Medical exam: September 2014
    Captain's Interview: Oct 2014
    Hired: OTS DST Class #405

Comment

That's good to hear. I'm mainly concerned with 1. how many do they usually hire and 2. how much does being military help during the process. OCSD has been my main goal since I've decided to pursue my career in LE rather than stay in the military. But the reason I ask is because other places I have looked at (Anaheim PD specifically) had almost 1,000 applicants but said realistically were only taking about 10 people, and it felt that those of us that are active/prior military didn't even get a little bit of recognition in the process, they just treated us as if we were out of high school applicants. Doesn't bother me too much because applying there was a backup because I wasn't sure when OCSD was opening up.

Comment

I have not applied to OCSD but I have been hired by an OC agency and will attend OCSA in September. I have a good friend that was picked up by OCSD; the agency is very firm in what they want and have been hiring quite a lot of people but their standards do not suffer. I have been told that each academy class has had anywhere from 25-35 deputy trainees, with the rest being outside agencies.

As far as military service goes, I can't say for sure but I can say that I personally believe it gives you a huge advantage; I've been beaten out of 2 jobs due to lack of military service compared to a couple who had it.

Good luck, OC is a great agency to work for.

Comment

To VOP2DEP, you're right, I just received an email about the upcoming testing. The written, PAT, and Pre-investigative interview are in the same day and the oral board in the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by DocJones View Post
            To VOP2DEP, you're right, I just received an email about the upcoming testing. The written, PAT, and Pre-investigative interview are in the same day and the oral board in the following week.
            Well,,, How'd it go?
            "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4854 users online. 288 members and 4566 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X