Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello everyone..I'm trying to become a CO in California...please read..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone..I'm trying to become a CO in California...please read..

A year and half earlier, I obtained a Medical Marijuana Card (240 card) because It helped me with a certain medical condition and I didn't have health care. I used my credit/debit to purchase too (i know i know). About 6 months ago I got ACA health care and the doctor I saw subsequently prescribed me the medicine I've always needed and the damn thing is actually cured, thankfully. I haven't touched pot for the last 5 months and have no intention of doing so in the future.
    (for what it's worth, the medicine I'm getting now has no side effects whatsoever)
    Mind that my doctor knows about all these details and more..

few questions..

will the background investigator know about these details?
    if so, will kill my chances?
    would applying next year makes a difference?

I will be talking to a recruiter next week, should I disclose these things with her?
    Do you think of any questions I should ask her before I apply?

Please note that I have an accredited Bachelor degree in science from over seas (planning to work on my masters in criminology if hired), spotless driving and criminal record, don't drink or smoke tobacco (stopped pot 5 months ago) worked for the U.S Military as a translator in Iraq for 7 years, bi-lingual, have a family, debt free, good credit and my references are current police and military officers and finally, I have 3 years of security experience in the U.S.

Needles to say, If time goes back i would have never touched that ****.

Be blunt...I thank you so much for taking the time and happy 4th of July.

Im thinking you have an uphill battle. Not only the time frame from when you used but I can see the thought process of you should have used any other medically approved way to avoid that medical marijuana card. 99% of the people that tell me about their medical marijuana card are just blowing smoke (pun intended) and that is where I see you having issues.

As far as meeting with the BI i would disclose everything. Why waste your time or theirs if they were just going to dismiss you or not. And for the love of JC do not rationalize why it was ok for you to have.
    Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Comment

Your done.

Comment

Haha, the poster said "be blunt"

Comment

You'll get hired at CDCR.

No where else.
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

You'll probably have to provide a prescription from the issuing witch doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by hyderman View Post
              A year and half earlier, I obtained a Medical Marijuana Card (240 card)
              Just reading this first sentence, you are most likely done. I would recomment you head over to the Ask a Cop section, under Hiring and Recruitment Questions, and ask around. Put on your thick skin (flame) suit or whatever, but be prepared for some harsh but true responses from my colleagues.

As far as CDCR, you would have to ask someone who works there for the full scoop. And if you somehow make it to backgrounds, you're damn skippy you better tell your BI everything.

I would venture to say that if someone is sick enough to need a weed card, they don't need to be a cop.

Good luck.

Comment

I don't understand how this medical marijuana card works. We don't have medical marijuana cards in New York. Do doctors issue them? Do any real doctors believe that marijuana is medicine. If it was considered medicine wouldn't you be able to get a prescription and buy it in a pharmacy? Wouldn't there be a better way of injesting this "medicine" than smoking it and half of it burning away. Sounds like the OP wanted a get out of jail free card(which he got) but didn't realize he was also getting a stay out of police work card.

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
                  I don't understand how this medical marijuana card works. We don't have medical marijuana cards in New York. Do doctors issue them? Do any real doctors believe that marijuana is medicine. If it was considered medicine wouldn't you be able to get a prescription and buy it in a pharmacy? Wouldn't there be a better way of injesting this "medicine" than smoking it and half of it burning away. Sounds like the OP wanted a get out of jail free card(which he got) but didn't realize he was also getting a stay out of police work card.
                  Yes, "real doctors" will issue them.

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOL
                    http://www.krdo.com/news/first-legal...g-use/26875916

Comment

Be honest with your BI and that way you will make his job easier because he will find out sooner or later, its just a matter if you want to get DQ'd sooner or later. I would suggest looking for a different line of work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6415 users online. 453 members and 5962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X