300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "band"

I was placed in band 5 with Ontario pd. what does this mean ? any chances of me getting a call for oral board ?

"The eligibility list is divided into Band "1", through Band "11". Band "1" is the highest band and Band "11" is the lowest band. The number of applicants in a band varies and all applicants within a band are considered equal and are listed in alphabetical order. The eligibility list will be referred to the hiring department for consideration. You will be contacted by email when you have been scheduled for an interview."

Seems pretty clear from the email but....they broke us up into groups for ranking, 1-13; 1 being top priority and 13 being lowest priority and will base their interview scheduling off of it. I got the same email, band 1.

Comment

Thanks. A friend of mine was in band 8. I highly doubt if they will call him for an interview

Comment

Originally posted by dramacydal View Post
        Thanks. A friend of mine was in band 8. I highly doubt if they will call him for an interview
        You shouldn't expect a call, either.
        Ignore List----DAL

"but I warranty you that I’ll be a better candidate than a kid that just got out of high school and self-sponsor himself."...Just another brain surgeon who's looking for a cop job on Officer.com.

Comment

An oral board with 11 bands seems interesting. Everywhere I had an oral board interview with had either 2 or 3 bands maximum. That is going to be hard, unless the bands aren't ranked by grade. I would continue applying to other agencies. A great tip is to write down the oral board questions immediately after leaving so that you can improve your answers and your knowledge, etc. Most oral boards are similar in structure so by knowing what you've been asked in the past, you can know what to semi-expect in the future; even if they don't ask you similar questions at least you have reviewed the previous round and have more insight. Good luck bro.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3815 users online. 206 members and 3609 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X