300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All six LASD Deps convicted..

I see on the news that all six were convicted today in Federal court in the case that involved hiding the inmate from the Feds...
    Retired LASD

link? sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by xColdZerox View Post
      link? sauce?

http://reason.com/blog/2014/07/01/si...uilty-in-feder
      NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
      Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

Nearly hurled listening to the video and the overzealous ACLU female advocate. I'm sure any use of force would be excessive to her.

f**k the one-sided prosecution and last minute juror swaps.

Comment

What do you expect from the feds...especially the fbi...They're businessman with guns and the closet they've gotten to the streets is by reading the reports of real cops.

Comment

FBI. The only "law enforcement" agency where you can be charged for lying to them.

Comment

Originally posted by AzLaw_E View Post
              What do you expect from the feds...especially the fbi...They're businessman with guns and the closet they've gotten to the streets is by reading the reports of real cops.

Can that be made into a sticky?!?!?
              semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                FBI. The only "law enforcement" agency where you can be charged for lying to them.
                Add the California Highway Patrol to the list. They have a similar law.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

31 VC is good to go for peace officers from any agency, not just CHP.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

The federal code for lying/obstruction also can be used by other federal agencies, not just the FBI

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                      31 VC is good to go for peace officers from any agency, not just CHP.
                      Yeah, but CVC 31 only pertains to peace officers while in the performance of their duties under the provisions of the Vehicle Code. If false statements are made outside VC enforcement, VC 31 doesn't apply.

OTOH, CVC 20 flat out prohibits making false statements to CHP personnel without limitation as to what sections of the law are being enforced at the time.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I'm not particularly enamored with the FBI as an organization (Its practically impossible to file a complaint against their agents), but these deputies weren't convicted by "the feds". The jury that convicted them was composed of local citizens, just like a juries that hear cases involving allegations of state or local criminal violations.

If anything, you'd think a local jury would be more inclined to side with local law enforcement acting "reasonably" in the course and scope of their employment.
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

That wasn't the case with Sgt. Koon and Officer Powell, nor with Officer Mohr, nor with Agents Ramos and Compean, nor with more officers who have been shafted by the DOJ.
                          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                            I'm not particularly enamored with the FBI as an organization (Its practically impossible to file a complaint against their agents), but these deputies weren't convicted by "the feds". The jury that convicted them was composed of local citizens, just like a juries that hear cases involving allegations of state or local criminal violations.

If anything, you'd think a local jury would be more inclined to side with local law enforcement acting "reasonably" in the course and scope of their employment.

Questionable jury swap, jury instructions, AND presiding judge.

Leaders don't feed Deps to Federal Wolves.

Comment

It is a travesty that these Deputies are taking the fall for following lawful orders. This is setting a clear message that this could happen to us, no matter how lawful our actions are.

We are putting together a defense fund/support fund for these guys. The website is going to be supportoursix.org. We are working out the details and it should be up shortly. You can donate through this site. If anyone here would like to assist, not just monetarily, but help pass the word, please PM me.
                              Last edited by SJay.SD; 07-11-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3034 users online. 224 members and 2810 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X