300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA County SWAT Question

Can a long time member of LA County SWAT PM me I have a question for you. Thanks.

LA County SWAT.

As in LAPD SWAT, LASD SEB, or a SWAT team from one of the independent municipalities?
    Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
    Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

LASD I guess. I'm not from there or know anything about the alphabet soup names over there.

Comment

Alphabet soup?

You mean the city names? Typically Alphabet agencies are federal agency with 3 or 4 letters.

I am not from there either, but I have the respect to learn the agency I am specifically asking about. You realize that roughly 20-25 million people live in Los Angeles County with something like 88 separate cities.
        semper destravit

Comment

I don't think we have any active LASD/SEB members here.
          Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

RGDS,,, Where the heck do you get a population of 20-25 million for LA County.... As of 2013 the population is just under 10 million.... The entire state only has 36-38 million....
            Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
              RGDS,,, Where the heck do you get a population of 20-25 million for LA County.... As of 2013 the population is just under 10 million.... The entire state only has 36-38 million....
              Somebody looked at their census data before they posted. Kudos!

But you're wrong! He's obviously accounting for the "undocumented" population

Comment

Even undocumented that number was a little high, but I think 10 still low. I thought I saw something that said it was close to but under 15million. And that was per-recession so I was rounding up

And yes LA County constitutes the largest single percentage of population in the State.
                Last edited by RGDS; 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM.
                semper destravit

Comment

2013 census stats were 9 million 800 thousand and change.... I'm sure if we knew the true number of the illegals in the county it would probably be close to 12-15 million...

I worked on a task force with INS back in 93 or 94 when we were trying to figure out the percentage of illegals in the LA County Jail system...We came up with 35 percent of inmates were illegals... One of the INS Agents told me that they guestimated there were about 5 million illegals in LA County....... That was 20 years ago....
                  Retired LASD

Comment

Learn something new every day! ^^^^^
                    semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
                      Alphabet soup?

You mean the city names? Typically Alphabet agencies are federal agency with 3 or 4 letters.

I am not from there either, but I have the respect to learn the agency I am specifically asking about. You realize that roughly 20-25 million people live in Los Angeles County with something like 88 separate cities.
                      My bad RGDS for offending you and the other LEOs there. Like I said.....LA County (by that I guess I mean Los Angeles County Sheriff's Office/Department whatever) SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics). Just need someone who has knowledge of the Department/Unit to message me for a quick and painless question. Forgive me.

Comment

Shoot me a PM and I will try to answer your question if I know the answer...I had many friends that did work SEB over the years..
                        Retired LASD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4151 users online. 257 members and 3894 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X