300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD treadmill test.

I will soon be taking my treadmill test for LAPD. I am not sure what the timing and distance is required. I think it used to be 1.5 miles under 14 minutes. I took my pat test with part of my cough still and did well. Does anyone know the proper requirements for the treadmill test? Thank you in advance.

The treadmill is continuous and will vary in speed. It is not based off how YOU run but how the machine wants you to run. Starts of as a walk and escalates to a slight run for a varied amount of time. I forgot how long it took but is was something like 10 minutes.

Comment

FWIW, I didn't get much past a power walk on the treadmill test. I am tall (6' 4") so I have a long stride, but it is very easily passable. And, actually, if the treadmill test is the slightest bit difficult, the academy will be nearly impossible...

Comment

How come they don't test on asphalt or on track?

Comment

I'm 5' 5"..... Let's just say my search for the bathroom there was more difficult than the treadmill test.
          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

Originally posted by xColdZerox View Post
            Would you want to run on the asphalt downtown LA or any of the local HS tracks? Much easier on treadmill.

Test is cake.
            Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Comment

Originally posted by xColdZerox View Post

That's a loaded question but here you go. The whole LAPD PAT was at the old academy in Elysian Park. The PAT was the basic POST test consisting of a long run, a short run, dummy drag, wall and fence climbs. The vast majority of women couldn't make it over the wall. After a couple lawsuits from women that got DQ'd, the city got scared and moved the test to the basement of the personnel office. The tests were more women friendly. Basically the city figured it was more important to give everyone a trophy than it was to make sure people could do the job.
              God made perfect cops.......The rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5470 users online. 316 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X