300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD question from out of state

Hi i live in New York and am interesting in joining LAPD. My question is why is LAPD having trouble hiring people especially when they offer so many different units and opportunities? They seem to be hiring hundreds of people. Any information would be great!
    Last edited by Eaglesfootball1313; 06-04-2014, 02:24 AM.

Pay is low for L.A. starting out. Smaller agencies pay more, so people move on. Cost of living in L.A. is high, traffic sucks. Background standards are high, so people fail out.

Comment

Your questions implies people would want to work for the city of Los Angeles. As if that is the only agency in the State.

Why does NYPD constanly hire? They have EVEN more to offer than the LAPD does.
      semper destravit

Comment

a
        Originally posted by RGDS View Post
        They have EVEN more to offer than the LAPD does.
        Can you elaborate on this further?

Comment

Originally posted by toocoldhere11 View Post
          a

Can you elaborate on this further?
          35k cops at NYPD vs 10k cops at LAPD.
          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

You are from New York State and don't even know about the cops in your own state?
            semper destravit

Comment

You said they have more to offer. More what? Specialized Units? Pay? Available positions? I thought that was a simple, innocent question. By the way, I live no where near NYC.

Comment

I didn't say you live near New York City. I don't know where you live in New York State, nor am I overly interested in findig out. You asked what could be construed as a dumb question. An agency with tens of thousands of employees is going to have high turn over. Turn over means they are constantly trying to hire to replace people leaving. Why do they leave? Lots of reasons. Pay, benefits, working conditions, living conditions, etc.
                Last edited by RGDS; 06-04-2014, 07:13 PM.
                semper destravit

Comment

lol I asked nothing about turnover. I'm done wasting my time with you.

Comment

We have lots of people applying but many of them are not of the qualified type. The ratio who are hired is something like, 1 for every 30 people who apply.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Copper View Post
                      We have lots of people applying but many of them are not of the qualified type. The ratio who are hired is something like, 1 for every 30 people who apply.
                      Do you know if LAPD is hiring right now? If yes, how fast are they hiring?

Comment

Originally posted by xColdZerox View Post
                        Do you know if LAPD is hiring right now? If yes, how fast are they hiring?
                        Yes we are currently hiring and have been for quite some time. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you ask how fast we're hiring. The process takes as long as it takes, which is usually about six months.... unless you're a Yankee fan, then it might take just a "tad" longer.
                        Last edited by LA Copper; 06-11-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Yes we are currently hiring and have been for quite some time. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you ask how fast we're hiring. The process takes as long as it takes, which is usually about six months.... unless you're a Yankee fan, then it might take just a "tad" longer.
                          Cool thanks. No I live in LA county unless that was a joke you made. lol I passed my written and have to turn in my Background packet next week. I'm asking because other departments that I have applied to are taking too long.

Comment

Originally posted by xColdZerox View Post
                            Cool thanks. No I live in LA county unless that was a joke you made.
                            I mentioned the Yankee fan thing because the OP is from New York.

Comment

Does lapd take laterals from Nypd? Haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4130 users online. 192 members and 3938 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X