300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocklin PD

Just wanted to start a thread for those in the process for Police Officer Trainee position(s) in Rocklin. I submitted my application on Monday.

Supposed to be hired for a July academy, so this will likely be fast moving. Good luck everybody!

Very good department, very low crime late, very nice officers. I live in this city, put in an application. The chief had said no hiring outside of their reserve pool but they just opened this application window for recruits and laterals so I am assuming (and have confirmation) that their current/most recent reserve pools weren't performing too well. Expect them to hire for January also, they have great benefits and a lot of officers will be due for the 50 year old retirement age soon.

Comment

Timeframe for when we are supposed to hear from them?

Comment

I was told within 1-2 weeks, but I anticipate 1 week would be more realistic as the Sacramento academy begins the first week of July, leaving roughly 6-7 weeks for written/oral/background/med and poly. Because of the time frame I think the orals are make it or break it and that they'll select a small amount of applicants from orals to continue on with.

Comment

If you are looking to be a busy or proactive, arrest heavy officer.... this agency is not for you. Great place to live and raise a family though.

Comment

hey CPDEMT, I'm 23 years old, single and just graduated college. I know for sure I want to get into law enforcement, it's just I've been hearing this is a slow area, not much stuff going on, etc...
            In the end, it's obviously up to where I wanna live, but if you were in my position, would you consider Rocklin? I'm just very curious.

Comment

I know you addressed that to CPDEMT, but my answer is YES. I'm in the same situation as you, same age, same ambition. Our best option is to get our foot in the door and take the first offer. That doesn't mean apply to any place like a maniac; only apply where you think you'd enjoy working so you don't waste your time nor the departments. Rocklin is an excellent agency, just because there isn't much action doesn't mean it's a lesser department. Rocklin PD is nationally accredited, highly praised, has excellent salary and benefits (really, excellent), nice schedule (3/12s -- my opinion), and has a lot of room for growth in the future. If I end up somehow messing up my conditional with Costa Mesa I plan on pursuing this to the fullest; my back up plan has always been to attend modular academies at Sierra College and get onto Rocklin through at since they were only hiring out of their reserves, but that's changed in a positive way.

Another thing to think about is that they haven't had open recruitment for recruit positions, let alone laterals, for YEARS. So imagine what that means.

Comment

Thanks for the response VSC. So we should hear from them this week right? I mean July is literally less than a month a half away...

Comment

Within 1-2 weeks from yesterday.

Comment

What's the biggest crime problem in Rocklin? Sacramento County

Probably the best pay in the region. I know the city had some money problems when the economy took a dump and they implemented furloughs and froze positions for a while. Don't know what their current condition is advertising entry level is a good sign. For you youngsters be sure to sock money away in deferred comp. With pension reform your multiplier for each year is only 2% at age 50. It goes up every year until age 57 when it reaches 2.7%. I can't imagine working a beat until that age. Be sure to pursue your education or save your money so you have other options.

I've worked with RPD off and on over the past eight years. Like others have posted this is not a rock and roll town. They have a slot on Placer SIU (drug task force) as well as the local CHP run auto theft task force. If you work hard you can aspire to get one of those prime slots for a three or four year assignment. They also have a few guys assigned on contract to Sierra College so you can play college cop when you get bored of being a suburban beat cop or detective. Their SWAT is a part-time multi agency gig with Roseville and Lincoln. Not too many callouts but good training with urban, suburban, and semi-rural callouts.

Plan on a lot of boring graveyard nights during your first three to four years. You'll hit the streets hard during the first four hours each shift trying to make a DUI, dope, or property crime arrest. If you are lucky to make a hook then you have a few hours to finish up your paper. If you don't make an arrest you beat the bushes all night long looking for that elusive car burglar or car thief who keeps hitting your beat when you're not looking.

They are not a tech savvy agency compared to others. Looks like they have invested in people and salaries when financial times were good. Their radio system is an older VHF system instead of being on a regional system like Roseville and all of Sac County.

If you were the type of kid that couldn't entertain yourself then this might not be your agency.

For those of you not in the know accreditation is not something that should attract you to a PD. CALEA is a dog and pony show that creates a bunch of needless bureaucracy and wastes resources. Chiefs and City Managers sign on with CALEA to impress people who don't know better.
                    If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Im from new york, i am looking but cant see where to apply. Do they hire out of state

Comment

I couldn't have said it any better than Lee Roy. I grew up in Roseville, so I am quite familiar with the area. I started my sworn career around the same ages as you guys, VSC and davriver. I work at an agency with the top pay and benefits, but a very low amount of crime....similar to Rocklin. I don't necessarily recommend it. While it's great to live a comfortable life, I would also prefer a more exciting department. I hunt for hours at a time and often times come up empty handed. Sometimes I wish I could have more to do on graveyard shift.

Comment

So, just Friday, I found out I was DQ'd with a federal agency due to a red/green color deficiency.

Do you guys have any idea if Rocklin requires a color vision test during medical screening?

Comment

Originally posted by 31BZ6 View Post
                            Just wanted to start a thread for those in the process for Police Officer Trainee position(s) in Rocklin. I submitted my application on Monday.

Supposed to be hired for a July academy, so this will likely be fast moving. Good luck everybody!

Let us know if anyone hears anything I applied as well

Comment

It appears application for recruit closed on 05/09/14.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6025 users online. 360 members and 5665 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X