Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Psych Referral For DQ Appeal

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Psych Referral For DQ Appeal

    I am a retired LEO and am applying for a second LEO job. Unfortunately I failed my psych. I plan to appeal and would like any referrals of a psychiatrist/psychologist who is familiar with both law enforcement and prehire psych evals. I am looking for one in San Bernardino County but am willing to go to L.A., O.C., Riverside or even further for a good one. The cost is coming out of my pocket so I am trying to keep cost reasonable. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    https://plus.google.com/104731978844...ut?gl=us&hl=en

    Susan Saxe-Clifford does evaluations for many So Cal departments.

    http://www.policepsych.com/about.php

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, I'll look into her.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wanted to ask her some questions before I threw all my money at her and the receptionist said it doesn't work that way. I guess you're supposed to rely on blind faith and I don't operate that way. So if anyone still sees this, I am still looking for a psych. I would really like to get a MALE psych because I have had problems with female psychs in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dave91741 View Post
          I wanted to ask her some questions before I threw all my money at her and the receptionist said it doesn't work that way. I guess you're supposed to rely on blind faith and I don't operate that way. So if anyone still sees this, I am still looking for a psych. I would really like to get a MALE psych because I have had problems with female psychs in the past. Any help would be appreciated.
          Any you are wondering why you failed the last one? Lol.

          Of course they aren't going to talk with you about anything before. Just relax, go do what they want, and get done what you need done.

          Comment


          • #6
            I just passed mine a few weeks ago with a place in San Bernardino. Female Doctor. And Hot. lol

            It was very painless, and she was very friendly and essentially "unofficially" told me I had nothing to worry about. She also told me I was super duper intelligent and that I had taken an IQ exam as part of the written psych and my IQ was very high. Thanks Doc!

            Comment


            • #7
              I did mine at The Counseling Team in San Bernardino.

              Psych was smoking hot and hinted that I passed when I was leaving.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hbliam View Post
                https://plus.google.com/104731978844...ut?gl=us&hl=en

                Susan Saxe-Clifford does evaluations for many So Cal departments.

                http://www.policepsych.com/about.php
                DONT GO TO THERE. That office has the worst track record. She has lost her contract with LASD for failing qualified personal. I spoke with the department Doc. He is the one that looks over the first psych then your doc and decides. He even said she was nuts and crazy. Look around and find someone else. I guarantee you a beer and maybe a steak dinner that if you went to her she would DQ in just because you were DQ before.

                Call around and see I know there is a doc in ventura but I don't recall his name. To bad Dr Blum is not doing it anymore.
                I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

                It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was DG'd as well. I found a very friendly psychologist who is very open to talk about your case and tell you what your chances are before meeting up. Unfortunately he is up here in northern cali in Redwood city. I will be driving 1 1/2 hours to meet up with him and he is charging 500, but from what I hear from others its a good deal and the psych told me I have a good chance.
                  Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by moparfan View Post

                    Call around and see I know there is a doc in ventura but I don't recall his name. To bad Dr Blum is not doing it anymore.
                    You thinking of Dr. Nutter?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                      DONT GO TO THERE. That office has the worst track record. She has lost her contract with LASD for failing qualified personal. I spoke with the department Doc. He is the one that looks over the first psych then your doc and decides. He even said she was nuts and crazy. Look around and find someone else. I guarantee you a beer and maybe a steak dinner that if you went to her she would DQ in just because you were DQ before.

                      Call around and see I know there is a doc in ventura but I don't recall his name. To bad Dr Blum is not doing it anymore.
                      She hasn't failed anyone that we ever sent there.

                      I'm sure there is more to the LASD story. Those stories always end up about the agency trying to force the doctor to pass people that shouldn't be passed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tried to send you a PM, no luck.

                        While it is a long way from you, I know this Dr. has done work related to PTSD and has done post-shooting interviews for a local Police Dept.

                        I have heard from several of his clients that he is very good.

                        James Tahmisian PHD
                        117 E Fesler St
                        805 925-1155
                        Santa Maria, California 93454 - 4404

                        I could not find a website for him, but this was available.

                        http://santa-maria.californiapath.com/c-92836.htm

                        Good luck.
                        My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3308 users online. 205 members and 3103 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X