Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per industrial Retiremnt Questions

CDCR Officer.

I was injured in August of 2011 and have has 3 surgeries and have not been back to work since. I Have collect WC and TDD since the injuries and have put in for an industrial retirement with Pers. I am getting TDD now. My question is, if the approval goes through with Pers, would my retirement be effective the date the application was submitted or the date when I went on WC? I still supplement a few hours a month in addition to the TDD I am receiving ut was wondering if Pers will back retroact my industrial retirement and pay me my retirement during the approval process?

Originally posted by TIERWALKER View Post
    CDCR Officer.

I was injured in August of 2011 and have has 3 surgeries and have not been back to work since. I Have collect WC and TDD since the injuries and have put in for an industrial retirement with Pers. I am getting TDD now. My question is, if the approval goes through with Pers, would my retirement be effective the date the application was submitted or the date when I went on WC? I still supplement a few hours a month in addition to the TDD I am receiving ut was wondering if Pers will back retroact my industrial retirement and pay me my retirement during the approval process?
    I don't believe it's retro. It's from the date of approval, since you're retrieving TDD.
    Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
    Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

It will be retro to the date you applied (sort of). The law requires you to burn all your sick leave credits first. Once that is done your IDR kicks in.

Because you can't double dip and collect TDD and retirement at the same time, the state will retroactively convert the TDD you collected during the period you were retroactively retired to a payoff for your unused leave credits. If you have no leave credits to burn off, there will be a coordination between the state and CalPERS where the TDD you collected during retirement is converted over as part of your IDR.

It's a complicated mess that will take months if not years to sort out. I filed for IDR retirement in June of 2005 and it wasn't until December of 2008 that CalPERS and my agency finally sorted everything out and I started receiving amended W-2s so I could go back and file corrected tax returns and get refunds on my now semi-tax free pension. CalPERS has gotten a lot better since then and you should be straightened out within 12 months or so.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4977 users online. 289 members and 4688 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X