300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by K-enforcement View Post
    Passed my PAT today for the Valley Division and have my written tomorrow at 8am - not sweating that just need to stay focused on keeping fit through the hiring process. I think I got a good shot being a female helps. How'd you do Florida? I was surprised how many ppl were there...they said 2200 applicants were testing today in sac
    I actually had fun...excited for the written tomorrow. I honestly wish they would bump up the PAT standards, considering how many applicants they get.

Comment

• Originally posted by gp360 View Post
      I actually had fun...excited for the written tomorrow. I honestly wish they would bump up the PAT standards, considering how many applicants they get.
      How many applicants showed up to the PAT and how many passed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
        How many applicants showed up to the PAT and how many passed?
        For valley division, last names A - G probably about 400. Not sure how large the other groups were. It seemed about 90% passed.

Comment

• Well they will lose a bunch of ppl from the written portion alone that's for sure. I can't believe how quick they are sayin we will get the results - they said we should know by 9/17 which is only 10 days - they are really speeding through the process although I know backgrounds take awhile

Comment

• It is definitely going much faster than the previous round of testing. It took about 6 months from the Sep 2013 application period to completion of both written and PAT.
            I believe the CHP is having a hard time filling their Academy classes right now, sounds like they have only been getting about 2/3 full. That must be why they decided to do away with the QAP portion this time around. Maybe its more cost effective to fill a class and separate the wheat from the chaff during the Academy than it is to run a bunch of partial classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian6172 View Post
              It is definitely going much faster than the previous round of testing. It took about 6 months from the Sep 2013 application period to completion of both written and PAT.
              I believe the CHP is having a hard time filling their Academy classes right now, sounds like they have only been getting about 2/3 full. That must be why they decided to do away with the QAP portion this time around. Maybe its more cost effective to fill a class and separate the wheat from the chaff during the Academy than it is to run a bunch of partial classes.
              I also heard scrapping the QAP was a way to cut costs. It cost the state a lot.of money to conduct all those interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
                I also heard scrapping the QAP was a way to cut costs. It cost the state a lot.of money to conduct all those interviews.
                The QAP was the main "interview" aspect of the entire process...looking at the applicant study guide, and I wonder where CHP will actually evaluate the applicants based on their personalities and fitness for the job. I suppose the psychological evaluation?

Comment

• Yeah I wondered the same thing. My opinion, I believe the QAP was a pivotal part of the process to weed out non qualified people. I'm sure they might be more strict during the background check now that the QAP has been eliminated.

Comment

• The problem with waiting till the Psych to weed people out is that the state has already spent $100,000 on you by the time you get there. Perhaps the whole background process will change, for example your first meeting with your BI will be heavily weighted and you will be evaluated based on your communication and demeanor.
                    Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

• I'm filling out the PHS and being very honest - does anyone know if CHP is more strict about prior things? I have two misdemeanors from when I was 18 for minor in possession of alcohol and using a friends ID to purchase it. Dumb kid stuff and I got both expunged but I'm still worried it will prevent me from movin forward. I am now 26 with a family - no other convictions or trouble. I haven't even had a speeding ticket in nearly 7yrs

Comment

• You're going to have to list it regardless. I'm not sure how strict CHP is, but I know that they have many applicants for a small amount of academy slots. Just be honest and hope for the best. Sounds like you have had a clean record as an adult.

Comment

• Yea I do and I'm a good person - I almost wish they would conduct the QAP so they could see that :P what's meant to be will be I guess

Comment

Yea I do and I'm a good person - I almost wish they would conduct the QAP so they could see that :P what's meant to be will be I guess
                            So I'm assuming you passed the written test.

Comment

Yea I do and I'm a good person - I almost wish they would conduct the QAP so they could see that :P what's meant to be will be I guess
                              Agreed. I do very well with oral interviews, and was actually disappointed to see the QAP go.

I'm pretty sure valley division scores are supposed to be released this week if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Yea they said the 17th - eagerly awaiting!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11086 users online. 380 members and 10706 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X