Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 CHP Testing Cycle

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (edited for anonymity)
    Last edited by gp360; 11-08-2014, 11:52 AM.

    Comment


    • I have my PAT scheduled for 9/6 @ 7am - with the Valley Division - thinking I'll probably be the only girl there!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by K-enforcement View Post
        I have my PAT scheduled for 9/6 @ 7am - with the Valley Division - thinking I'll probably be the only girl there!
        Good luck on your PAT.

        Comment


        • Thanks - any tips on the PAT from anyone who's already taken it?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by K-enforcement View Post
            Thanks - any tips on the PAT from anyone who's already taken it?
            For each section, give it everything you have. The pain won't last forever so just push through and leave it all out there. Good luck to you. Feels like forever ago (February for me) when I did mine.

            Anyone else here done with psych or medical from the Sept 2013 application period?

            Comment


            • Do you they give you significant rest time between the 300m sprint and the 1.5mil run?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by K-enforcement View Post
                Do you they give you significant rest time between the 300m sprint and the 1.5mil run?
                Yeah, you go out in groups so after you finish one test, you go back to the cafeteria and wait for them to take you to the next test. I thought there was plenty of time between the 300m and the 1.5. One bit of advice I could give on the 300m is don't go out of the gate at full speed. It's longer than you think and it's hard to go full speed for that long. What I did was build up to full speed at about the 1/3 point and stayed there to the finish line. Get good rest tonight, eat a good breakfast, you should do fine if you are prepared. Good luck.

                PM me if you have any more questions.
                Last edited by NickWa; 09-05-2014, 02:40 PM.

                Comment


                • I'm tryin to not let my nerves get the best of me. My two main concerns are the 24push ups and the 300m sprint. I know I can do it as long as I don't let my mind get in the way

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NickWa View Post
                    For each section, give it everything you have. The pain won't last forever so just push through and leave it all out there. Good luck to you. Feels like forever ago (February for me) when I did mine.

                    Anyone else here done with psych or medical from the Sept 2013 application period?

                    I just did my Pysch Written this morning and my medical yesterday. How about you?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by K-enforcement View Post
                      I'm tryin to not let my nerves get the best of me. My two main concerns are the 24push ups and the 300m sprint. I know I can do it as long as I don't let my mind get in the way
                      My experience was that the sequence of events was fairly random. Events were run concurrently and every group did them in a different order. I disagree with giving every section everything you have. Put out enough effort to pass every event. Every event was strictly pass/fail and no extra points were given for how well you did.
                      If you are concerned about the 300m, then make sure you save some gas if you are running the 1.5 mile first. There is much less room for error on the 300m. Take your time on the push ups and make sure you do them properly. It is too late to make any improvements, so just hydrate, get some sleep, and eat a good breakfast. Good luck!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
                        I just did my Pysch Written this morning and my medical yesterday. How about you?
                        Psych oral on august 6th and medical on august 8th. Just waiting to hear if I passed them and have an invite coming my way. Good luck to you.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NickWa View Post
                          Psych oral on august 6th and medical on august 8th. Just waiting to hear if I passed them and have an invite coming my way. Good luck to you.
                          Thanks bro. How did the pysch oral part go for you if you don't mind me ask? Any helpful information you can provide?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
                            Thanks bro. How did the pysch oral part go for you if you don't mind me ask? Any helpful information you can provide?
                            I sent you a PM

                            Comment


                            • Passed my PAT today for the Valley Division and have my written tomorrow at 8am - not sweating that just need to stay focused on keeping fit through the hiring process. I think I got a good shot being a female helps. How'd you do Florida? I was surprised how many ppl were there...they said 2200 applicants were testing today in sac

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by K-enforcement View Post
                                Passed my PAT today for the Valley Division and have my written tomorrow at 8am - not sweating that just need to stay focused on keeping fit through the hiring process. I think I got a good shot being a female helps. How'd you do Florida? I was surprised how many ppl were there...they said 2200 applicants were testing today in sac
                                Congrats!!! Good luck tomorrow.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9531 users online. 267 members and 9264 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X