• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
    Are you out of inland?
    yes sir

Comment

Contacted my investigator and she said she was going to start my background in the next few weeks. Stoked!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I am in GG division and have made it to the psych. Got dqed and have my appeal interview tomorrow with my outside doc. My biggest advice to everyone is be honest, have integrity, but be careful with how much and what you say. If you are a sound candidate, your BI will know it. However, the state docs WILL find areas of concern during the psych interview. Do not take any step lightly, my BI was talking about boots for the academy, and next thing you know I get a DQ letter and am battling with the state to change their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by aspiringofficer1849 View Post
          Hello Everyone,

I am in GG division and have made it to the psych. Got dqed and have my appeal interview tomorrow with my outside doc. My biggest advice to everyone is be honest, have integrity, but be careful with how much and what you say. If you are a sound candidate, your BI will know it. However, the state docs WILL find areas of concern during the psych interview. Do not take any step lightly, my BI was talking about boots for the academy, and next thing you know I get a DQ letter and am battling with the state to change their mind.
          I went through the same thing. Without trying to sound harsh, don't expect your appeal to work out. CHP does not change their mind very often. I have seen a few people receive DQ's from psych and their appeals not work. My appeal did not work and I applied as soon as they opened up again. I would recommend doing that. As soon as applications open up in October sign up. By the time you get through backgrounds and back to the psych interview it will be a year which is the required waiting time between psych interviews. Btw, where did you have your psych interview?
          Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
            Contacted my investigator and she said she was going to start my background in the next few weeks. Stoked!
            My BI contacted me for my Initial Interview! How is everybody else coming along in the process?

Comment

Currently 3 weeks into my background investigation and everything seems to be going fine.

How's everyone's background going?

Comment

has anyone here gone to the chp information seminars or preparation for physical training workouts? did it benefit you? just wondering if I should attend or not?

Comment

Does CHP weigh the written and physical scores heavily?

Comment

The workout workshops are actually quite fun. I went to a couple and had a great time. You get to interact directly with the recruiting officers including some which could be doing your background. Its main goal is to get you ready for the PT of the academy. As for the weight of the written and physical, its best if you find the answer to that by visiting the CHP website. But, as far as the physical, it is a pass/fail. You score from the written is what decides when you go on the backgrounds. So yes, it is HEAVILY weighted.

Comment

• So guys, I have my CVSA tomorrow morning and meeting with my background investigator this Friday. Hoping for good news!

How's everyone else's background going? What's everyone's status?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
                        So guys, I have my CVSA tomorrow morning and meeting with my background investigator this Friday. Hoping for good news!

How's everyone else's background going? What's everyone's status?
                        Don't sweat the CVSA; it's no big deal. I'm just waiting for my final interview.

Comment

• Just waiting to be scheduled for my interview with the psychologist. One last hurdle and keeping my fingers crossed for an invitation to the Academy later this year.

Comment

• Flying into Sacramento next weekend for my PAT/POST...good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Where are you flying in from?
                              Originally posted by gp360 View Post
                              Flying into Sacramento next weekend for my PAT/POST...good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Hey guys, had my final background interview today and I'm moving forward. Written pysch next Friday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12265 users online. 492 members and 11773 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X