Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My references are starting to receive letters from the CHP accompanied by the forms they are to fill out and return. I have not heard anything from my Background Investigator since our initial interview (he said this will be a good sign).

In regards to changes to your PHS, I had an opportunity to make any necessary changes during the initial interview. Once that was done, I signed it one more time verifying the truth of its contents.

Good luck with your interview and don't sweat it. Just be yourself and have faith that if you are a good fit for the job you will make it through backgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
      Nglrivera,

Sounds like things are moving forward for you man. What division are you out of?

About the changes on your PHS, I'm sure your background investigator will allow you to make changes when you meet with him or her.

I'm out of the Golden Gate Division, sounds like everyone else is from other divisions. I have yet to see someone from GG!

Comment

My references and family received questionnaires on Friday; 3 weeks after my initial interview.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

My Background Investigator contacted me last week and my initial interview is on Wednesday. I'm a little anxious just because I have been anticipating this for a while (I'm sure you all understand). I have talked to a few applicants further along than I am and have heard good things about backgrounds as long you're brutally honest. They know that no one is perfect and just want individuals with integrity. Just lay it all out there and allow things to play out how they will. I'm excited for the chance to be evaluated.

Oh yeah, don't forget your daily dose of running, sit-ups, and pushups. If your division offers PT training, I would definitely advise going to it. It will give you a good idea of where you are and where you need to be for the academy. PT is no joke.

Good luck to everyone. Stay Motivated!

Comment

My CVSA is scheduled for August.

Comment

How's everything going for everybody? Hopefully it's all good news!

Comment

I took my CVSA today and passed. I was nervous but the Officer was very professional and it was relatively painless. It still sounds like the end of August is a possibility, but will most likely be filled with applicants from the previous round of testing.

Comment

How long did the CVSA take?

Comment

The actual CVSA portion was fairly short, but I spent a lot of time reviewing my background with the officer. Overall it took at least 2 hours.

Comment

My BGI said to expect the CVSA to take 3-4 hours, followed by the psych questionaire, which is then followed by the final bg interview. All of this is to happen in one long day.

Comment

Hello all,
                          I am new to the forums. I am currently in the this 2014 CHP testing cycle. I applied in the Inland Division and received a QAP score of 80 towards the end of March '14. As of today, I am waiting to receive an email to turn in my PHS and move forward with the process. I know many are still waiting, while others are deep in the process. Many have stated that a QAP score of 85 and above will get you into backgrounds. However I believe this statement is false. I had a friend who also tested this cycle with the Inland Division and received a QAP of 70. Two weeks after receiving his QAP score, he received an email from an investigator to turn in his CHP 446 two weeks later. He could have received an email before others because he is prior military, however I am not 100% sure. Anyways, I wish the best of luck to everyone!

Comment

Hey guys I see some of you are moving right along through backgrounds. I'm still currently waiting to start mine. Anyone else still waiting?

Comment

All is quite on my end

Comment

Originally posted by ~NDfan4LIFE~ View Post
                                All is quite on my end
                                Are you out of inland?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12873 users online. 433 members and 12440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X