300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taking_marz View Post
    So I finally have my psych interview on Friday the 20th. They called me and asked if i wanted to go to the March 30 academy and I said I would like to. They asked if I received an email from them to schedule the psych interview and I said no. So they looked at what email they sent it to and guess what? Wrong email. So I really hope for a miracle that they can process my evaluation in a week before the academy lol.
    Side note. Anyone in the fresno area or close by that's going to the March 30 academy have all their gear prepped ? I would like to link up so that way I'm not lost in the sauce being as it is so close and I can get an offer a few days before the academy.
    Good luck! I will be rooting for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Taking_marz View Post
      So I finally have my psych interview on Friday the 20th. They called me and asked if i wanted to go to the March 30 academy and I said I would like to. They asked if I received an email from them to schedule the psych interview and I said no. So they looked at what email they sent it to and guess what? Wrong email. So I really hope for a miracle that they can process my evaluation in a week before the academy lol.
      Side note. Anyone in the fresno area or close by that's going to the March 30 academy have all their gear prepped ? I would like to link up so that way I'm not lost in the sauce being as it is so close and I can get an offer a few days before the academy.
      Good luck, you will do well.

Comment

• Anyone going to the March 30th academy have their boots? Any good recommendations please PM. I am a Southern Division applicant. Also whoever has their stuff prepped I would like to know what stuff you are bringing as well.

Comment

• Would anyone who received an invite mind sharing their final timeline with us?? And of course congratulations to all of you! I'm still at least a year out, so I will be living vicariously through you for the time being.

Comment

• @RQ_23

Final timeline update:

Application: 07/08/2014
            PAT: 09/06/2014
            Written Exam: 09/07/2014
            Wrrtten results: 10/18/2014
            T-score: 10/24/2014
            BI assigned: 10/28/2014
            Initial Interview: 11/05/2014
            CVSA: 12/23/2014
            Fingerprints: 12/23/2014
            Psych written: 01/27/2015
            Final Interview: 01/27/2015
            Medical Eval: 02/04/2015
            Psych Evaluation/interview:02/17/2015
            Official Invitation to Academy: 3/11/15

Good luck!

Comment

• I was reading those of us that are vets get a lump sum payment from the Gi bill when we graduate. Does anyone know about this ?

Comment

• Thats right, E5 with dependents BAH for 6 months... Just be sure you get all your paperwork in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RQ_23 View Post
                  Thats right, E5 with dependents BAH for 6 months... Just be sure you get all your paperwork in.
                  How do I obtain said paperwork and information on where to turn said paperwork to? Thanks.

Comment

• @RQ_23

Division: Southern
                    Application date: 7/7/14
                    PAT:10/4/14
                    Written exam: 10/5/14
                    Written Results t-score: 10/16/14
                    Written Results overall score: 10/27/14
                    BI Assigned/Orientation: 11/20/14
                    BIQ interview: 12/1/14
                    Initial interview: 01/06/15
                    CVSA/Fingerprints: 1/26/15
                    Final Interview/Psych Written: 1/30/15
                    BI turned in completed file: 2/10/15
                    Medical Eval: 2/11/15
                    Psych Eval/Interview: 3/9/15
                    Official Invitation to Academy: 3/13/15

Comment

• Contact your local VA office as soon as possible. Since you do not get paid until after completion of the school, I wouldn't expect the timeline to be super strict. Might be something you could even complete while in the academy. This gives you some information on the program, it should fall under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

http://www.military.com/education/gi...t-program.html

Comment

• I submitted my PHS and was wondering once you are contacted by a BI what the time frame is before you go in for your interview?

Comment

• Being active duty, we do not receive our DD214 yet however does anyone know of a way to make it known to a BI or CHP that we are veterans? CalHR didn't have an answer for me. Congrats to those of you making the March academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cup-2-B View Post
                            Being active duty, we do not receive our DD214 yet however does anyone know of a way to make it known to a BI or CHP that we are veterans? CalHR didn't have an answer for me. Congrats to those of you making the March academy.
                            From what I understand, you only get the preference points after you separate and have your DD214. If you make it to a background investigator without a DD214, you don't need to worry about it. The only thing after the background that it would help with would be for the GI bill payment.

As to how long after your initial contact with the BI it will be before you meet them, that's up to the BI. They will schedule a meeting with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by RQ_23 View Post
                              Contact your local VA office as soon as possible. Since you do not get paid until after completion of the school, I wouldn't expect the timeline to be super strict. Might be something you could even complete while in the academy. This gives you some information on the program, it should fall under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.

http://www.military.com/education/gi...t-program.html
                              Okay I read into it and it's not worth it for me. I'm doing online classes using the Gi bill and you can use the ojt benefits and education benefits at the same time. I would get more money for education then ojt anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cup-2-B View Post
                                Being active duty, we do not receive our DD214 yet however does anyone know of a way to make it known to a BI or CHP that we are veterans? CalHR didn't have an answer for me. Congrats to those of you making the March academy.

Send in your request by mail for veterans preference to the state. They will keep it on record for you for all the state jobs that you apply for. For chp though, you don't get points you get ranked #1 so that you get a background investigator before everyone else.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11500 users online. 401 members and 11099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X