Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The meeting with the BI was with a couple of other people initially; I'm sure to save time. The one on one was immediately after the group orientation where the PHS was reviewed and any questions were answered. According to the BI, the investigation is under way.

Comment

Awesome bro. Good luck! Keep us updated.

Originally posted by 55 View Post
      The meeting with the BI was with a couple of other people initially; I'm sure to save time. The one on one was immediately after the group orientation where the PHS was reviewed and any questions were answered. According to the BI, the investigation is under way.

Comment

When I had my initial last year it was just a lot of paper work and my BI staggered myself and a couple other applicants. So while I was half way done the next applicant would come in and start his stuff. After that "initial interview" (also the first time meeting my BI) I did not see my BI till we had the in home visit... which was very casual and took about 5-10 minutes. My last meeting was the final interview in which he went over his findings, signed the conditional offer, filled out a few more papers and took the written psych. My advice to you all is to disclose anything that your conscience tells you was wrong. Even though it might not be illegal its better that you tell the BI than they find out on their own. You WILL be able to explain everything.
        Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by JBadge View Post
          When I had my initial last year it was just a lot of paper work and my BI staggered myself and a couple other applicants. So while I was half way done the next applicant would come in and start his stuff. After that "initial interview" (also the first time meeting my BI) I did not see my BI till we had the in home visit... which was very casual and took about 5-10 minutes. My last meeting was the final interview in which he went over his findings, signed the conditional offer, filled out a few more papers and took the written psych. My advice to you all is to disclose anything that your conscience tells you was wrong. Even though it might not be illegal its better that you tell the BI than they find out on their own. You WILL be able to explain everything.
          Obviously it varies from case to case, however, how long did it take to proceed from each point in your background investigation (initial interview to home visit to CVSA to final interview)? Was there anything out of the ordinary (out of state, many residences, etc.)?

Comment

I had my initial interview with the Background Investigator this week. It was a home visit and took a decent amount of time. My understanding is that although there is an academy class starting in August, there are many applicants from the last round of testing still waiting to go. With a quick and smooth background check it may be possible to receive an invitation to the August class, but it is not likely.

Comment

Sounds like things are moving right along for you. What exactly did you guys cover at the initial interview?

Originally posted by Brian6172 View Post
              I had my initial interview with the Background Investigator this week. It was a home visit and took a decent amount of time. My understanding is that although there is an academy class starting in August, there are many applicants from the last round of testing still waiting to go. With a quick and smooth background check it may be possible to receive an invitation to the August class, but it is not likely.

Comment

Looks like there opening up to take applications again. I find it interesting they eliminated the QAP portion of the Exam. BTW still waiting for a meeting with a BI. I know its still early but, I hope I get started before the new pool of applicants start

Comment

What do you mean they eliminated the QAP? Where have you seen that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
                    Sounds like things are moving right along for you. What exactly did you guys cover at the initial interview?
                    We went over all previously submitted forms in detail. He also talked about preparing for the Academy and general life at the Academy.

Comment

Check the Cadet Applicant Study guide on the CHP website. IT has been revised

Originally posted by JBadge View Post
                      What do you mean they eliminated the QAP? Where have you seen that?

Comment

Wow... I just read the study guide and your right, there is no QAP. That is the toughest part of the process and they just get rid of it... I wonder what their reasoning is.

Comment

In addition to ditching the QAP, they will now place those who pass the written in tiers based on T-scores. Your prior passing scores on the written will no longer carry over to this test.

Comment

How's everyone's background going? How many along with me are still waiting for the initial interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan01169 View Post
                              How's everyone's background going? How many along with me are still waiting for the initial interview?
                              Hey Bryan,

I just recieved a call from my the B.I. assigned to my case this morning but unfortunately I was unable to pick up the phone. He left a message stating that he wanted to hopefully meet sometime this week to get things started! Hopefully things run smooth. Some things have changed since I have turned in my PHS such as graduating from college, address change (no longer in dorms), etc. Should I redo my PHS and have it ready to be turned in when I meet him? Or should I wait until I meet him to inform him about the changes?

Cheers guys! Hopefully we will all meet each other some day!

Comment

Nglrivera,

Sounds like things are moving forward for you man. What division are you out of?

About the changes on your PHS, I'm sure your background investigator will allow you to make changes when you meet with him or her.

Originally posted by nglrivera View Post
                                Hey Bryan,

I just recieved a call from my the B.I. assigned to my case this morning but unfortunately I was unable to pick up the phone. He left a message stating that he wanted to hopefully meet sometime this week to get things started! Hopefully things run smooth. Some things have changed since I have turned in my PHS such as graduating from college, address change (no longer in dorms), etc. Should I redo my PHS and have it ready to be turned in when I meet him? Or should I wait until I meet him to inform him about the changes?

Cheers guys! Hopefully we will all meet each other some day!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5646 users online. 222 members and 5424 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X