Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The orientation emphasized the importance of honesty as well as a professional attitude and appearance during the entire hiring process. A video highlighting life at the CHP Academy was shown and we were given another questionnaire to fill out in preparation for our first meeting with our respective Background Investigators.
    As Bryan01169 stated earlier, some of those in the process may make it into an Academy Class beginning in August.

Comment

Brian6172 are you attending the seminar tonight for Border division?

Comment

I haven't received any notification of a seminar tonight. I've received initial contact from my Background Investigator to ensure all documents are ready, but have not set an initial interview date yet. Did you attend the seminar last week?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian6172 View Post
          I haven't received any notification of a seminar tonight. I've received initial contact from my Background Investigator to ensure all documents are ready, but have not set an initial interview date yet. Did you attend the seminar last week?
          Oh nice. I did attend the background orientation and did get an email from the investigator as well, but no initial interview is set yet. Tonight's seminar is preparing for paramilitary etc.

Comment

Got a call from my BI today for Northern Division. Initial meeting is next week.

Comment

Originally posted by 55 View Post
              Got a call from my BI today for Northern Division. Initial meeting is next week.
              55, How did your initial interview go?

Comment

Any updates ladies and gents?

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                  I have been reading these forums for a while, but never contributed to them. I figured it is probably about time and any information I can provide might be of help to someone else.

I Applied in January 2013 and had my interview with a Psychologist last Friday. Now it's just a waiting game from here. I am either waiting for a disqualification letter from CalHr, or an invitation letter to the August Academy.

From what I understand, I could receive a DQ letter any time in the next month. That gives a rough timeframe of until about the second or third week of June.

If they normally don't send out academy invitations until 6 weeks out, then the earliest I can expect an invitation is around the 2nd week of July.

So basically I will be living in no mans land between mid June until about the end of July....... It's only been around 8 years since I first applied in 2006; What's another couple months

Comment

I am in the same no mans land. I had my second interview with a psych last week and it went very good. He is going to dispute every negative part of the review from the psych that DQ'd me originally. I will have no idea if I pass or not until they send me an invite.
                    Originally posted by nofxmisfits View Post
                    Hello Everyone,
                    I have been reading these forums for a while, but never contributed to them. I figured it is probably about time and any information I can provide might be of help to someone else.

I Applied in January 2013 and had my interview with a Psychologist last Friday. Now it's just a waiting game from here. I am either waiting for a disqualification letter from CalHr, or an invitation letter to the August Academy.

From what I understand, I could receive a DQ letter any time in the next month. That gives a rough timeframe of until about the second or third week of June.

If they normally don't send out academy invitations until 6 weeks out, then the earliest I can expect an invitation is around the 2nd week of July.

So basically I will be living in no mans land between mid June until about the end of July....... It's only been around 8 years since I first applied in 2006; What's another couple months
                    Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

JBadge, I was in your shoes back in 2010 when I went through the process. I had to get the second evaluation done.

Comment

The meeting with the BI went well. There were several other applicants present. Went over and signed a lot of paperwork and went over anything in need of explanation in the PHS that was previously turned in. The BI stressed the importance of telling the truth through the process. I expect references to be contacted in the near future and, hopefully, I'll be scheduled for the CVSA in the coming weeks.

Comment

Keep us updated, good or bad.

Comment

Was that a background orientation or the initial interview? We did the exact same stuff with other applicants and that was a background orientation, it wasn't exactly the initial interview.

Originally posted by 55 View Post
                            The meeting with the BI went well. There were several other applicants present. Went over and signed a lot of paperwork and went over anything in need of explanation in the PHS that was previously turned in. The BI stressed the importance of telling the truth through the process. I expect references to be contacted in the near future and, hopefully, I'll be scheduled for the CVSA in the coming weeks.

Comment

I am interested in finding out what this is all about too. I never had a background orientation, just went straight to the initial 1 on 1 interview. My brother applied, scored exactly the same on his written (strange), and also had the same QAP score. He had a different BI and attended an orientation done in a group setting, he was DQ'd without ever having a 1 on 1 initial interview.

I am curious if the group orientation is an indicator of something, or if different BI's just have their own way of doing things? I don't mean to give anyone anxiety about having the group orientation, just want to offer what I have experienced.

Comment

I believe it varies between each division and depending how many applicants they have. When I went through the process back in 2010 I went straight to the initial interview. This time around they had all the applicants who made it to backgrounds show up for the orientation. It's basically an orientation to get a lot of the preliminary paper work done so it's less they'll have to do for the initial interview.

I am interested in finding out what this is all about too. I never had a background orientation, just went straight to the initial 1 on 1 interview. My brother applied, scored exactly the same on his written (strange), and also had the same QAP score. He had a different BI and attended an orientation done in a group setting, he was DQ'd without ever having a 1 on 1 initial interview.

I am curious if the group orientation is an indicator of something, or if different BI's just have their own way of doing things? I don't mean to give anyone anxiety about having the group orientation, just want to offer what I have experienced.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11393 users online. 399 members and 10994 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X