300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CrewChief View Post
    I called last Friday and they said mine was forwarded to the CHP the week prior to me calling. They couldn't tell me if I passed or not. I'm surprised yours is still processing if we did it the same day.
    Honestly, I do not take anything I hear from them as reliable information. They kind of work on their own schedule... On a positive note, most of the cases that I have heard of someone DQing usually happened rather quickly. Im not ruling anything out but like everyone says no news is good news. I do feel bad for the mail lady though. She probably thinks I am nuts when I meet her at the mailbox everyday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Navy_SAR View Post
      Honestly, I do not take anything I hear from them as reliable information. They kind of work on their own schedule... On a positive note, most of the cases that I have heard of someone DQing usually happened rather quickly. Im not ruling anything out but like everyone says no news is good news. I do feel bad for the mail lady though. She probably thinks I am nuts when I meet her at the mailbox everyday!
      Why wouldn't you consider it reliable? CalHR is the HR department for the state, and the CHU is the department responsible for sending invites and filling academies. They are the most reliable sources of information regarding your file/status, ahead of any background investigator, line officer, etc. I don't consider it reliable unless it comes from one of the above stated departments. What the ladies up at CalHR/CHU say is 100% reliable, but I concede that they will omit things in the interest of not having to potentially deal with a sad/infuriated applicant (ex: they know that you failed, but will not disclose that to you over the phone). There are just processing times in play because of the large numbers of applicants.
      Last edited by Martial_Law; 10-20-2015, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martial_Law View Post
        Why wouldn't you consider it reliable? CalHR is the HR department for the state, and the CHU is the department responsible for sending invites and filling academies. They are the most reliable sources of information regarding your file/status, ahead of any background investigator, line officer, etc. I don't consider it reliable unless it comes from one of the above stated departments. What the ladies up at CalHR/CHU say is 100% reliable. There are just processing times in play because of the large numbers of applicants.
        All I am saying is that they have a ton of applicants calling them everyday to check the status of their psych evaluations. Because of this they typically give the same answers to everyone. There isn't a lot of information they can hand out anyway. However, the information I receive from CHU is a different story. CHU has said that it could take at least a month or two for them to receive anything back from CalHR. Until I hear the official decision from them I will not rule out any possibilities. Thats all I meant.

Comment

• "Of the 458 that showed up the first day, 349 passed the physical assessment. Of those, 328 returned for a written test the next day. Recent statistics indicate six or seven from that group will get into the academy."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-...#storylink=cpy

Every time I read the numbers I'm astounded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martial_Law View Post
            "Of the 458 that showed up the first day, 349 passed the physical assessment. Of those, 328 returned for a written test the next day. Recent statistics indicate six or seven from that group will get into the academy."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-...#storylink=cpy

Every time I read the numbers I'm astounded.
            Sadly that's how it is. When I took my written we were told that about 2 percent of the around 700 people that were there would actually make it to the academy. Some people get discouraged and others like myself get motivation from statistics like that.

Comment

• Thanks for the article. Looks like majority of it was about the diversity within the department. If you are not qualified, then you are not qualified. Does not matter about the color of the skin.

Comment

• 7 of 458 = 1.5% .. Definitely the creme of the crop. Then you gotta add all the ones that either drop out or don't make it in the academy..

Comment

• Originally posted by Josej831 View Post
                  Ahh I see. The waiting game is no doubt the toughest part of the hiring process. Like many have said here "no news is good news". In my hiring process it took me about a 5weeks to find out that I passed my psych. During those 5 weeks every morning I would walk up to the mailbox nervously hoping I wouldn't get any letter from CHP because if I did it would be a DQ. The only reason I found out I passed was because I called my B.I and he simply told me that I passed and he practically knew 2weeks after taking the psych.
                  I'm on my second go around after being DQ'd from the psych last year. Just found my DQ letter to give you guys an idea of how long it took me to get the letter. Met with the psychologist on 8/1/14, received DQ letter 9/11/14. Now I'm around the same time line as the rest of you guys. Applied again back in November and waiting for a psych appointment

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
                    I'm on my second go around after being DQ'd from the psych last year. Just found my DQ letter to give you guys an idea of how long it took me to get the letter. Met with the psychologist on 8/1/14, received DQ letter 9/11/14. Now I'm around the same time line as the rest of you guys. Applied again back in November and waiting for a psych appointment
                    What was the reasoning that the psych provided back in 2014? I know of somebody who recently had their psych DQ overturned. It's not impossible, so hopefully those who were recently DQ'd are motivated by that.
                    Last edited by Martial_Law; 10-20-2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Was it overturned because of an appeal or did he reapply??

Comment

• Originally posted by gilbygt View Post
                        Was it overturned because of an appeal or did he reapply??
                        I believe the case he is referring to was an appeal. We were discussing this earlier.

Comment

• Man that's rare.. Do you know the length of time it took to overturn it? And how much he spent?

Comment

• I received a email today from my BI confirming that I will be receiving a invite for the next academy in Jan/Feb. I have to go back in and get re-fingerprinted in the near future she said.

Comment

Man that's rare.. Do you know the length of time it took to overturn it? And how much he spent?
                              Like Wrekd1 said, it was an appeal. Cost was under $1,000. I can find out the details if you'd like. If you got a second opinion in the next 30 days and were successful in having the DQ overturned, you could still make January.
                              Last edited by Martial_Law; 10-21-2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Man that's rare.. Do you know the length of time it took to overturn it? And how much he spent?
                                I found a psychologist who's charging $400 for the appeal and that's the cheapest you'll find anywhere. Did you apply in the inland division?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13680 users online. 455 members and 13225 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X