300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A word of warning to any military veterans that are in the hiring process:

A few weeks after completing my written psych exam, I received a letter requesting my military medical records be submitted before I can be scheduled for the oral psych exam. I am having a much harder time than expected trying to locate where my records were sent after I left the military. The VA directs me to the National Archives, and the National Archives directs me back to the VA. At this point I just hope that I can find them in time to make the next Academy.

If you aren't absolutely certain of where your records are kept (not just photocopies you made, they need the records sent directly from an official source), you may want to start figuring it out now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian6172 View Post
      It is definitely going much faster than the previous round of testing. It took about 6 months from the Sep 2013 application period to completion of both written and PAT.
      I believe the CHP is having a hard time filling their Academy classes right now, sounds like they have only been getting about 2/3 full. That must be why they decided to do away with the QAP portion this time around. Maybe its more cost effective to fill a class and separate the wheat from the chaff during the Academy than it is to run a bunch of partial classes.
      No

It was not a CHP decision, it was a CalHR decision, to bring the process more in line with the rest of State hiring. The department is fighting it.

There's already a 40-45% failure rate in West Sacramento, but that'll get worse I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyByWire View Post
        No

It was not a CHP decision, it was a CalHR decision, to bring the process more in line with the rest of State hiring. The department is fighting it.

There's already a 40-45% failure rate in West Sacramento, but that'll get worse I'm sure.
        Thanks for the insight. As large of an agency as the CHP is, it's easy to forget that they are still largely influenced by the state.

Comment

• So I applied with the Valley Division and took my written on 9/7 I was told we would get an email with our results today. Anybody get that email yet? I'm on the edge of my seat lol

Comment

• Originally posted by K-enforcement View Post
            So I applied with the Valley Division and took my written on 9/7 I was told we would get an email with our results today. Anybody get that email yet? I'm on the edge of my seat lol
            Let us know when you find out.

Comment

• Yea will do for sure -

Comment

• Well not sure if anyone else got results but I didn't receive anything today - maybe they meant 10 business days? That would put us Valley Divisioners test scores to be released on Friday

Comment

Well not sure if anyone else got results but I didn't receive anything today - maybe they meant 10 business days? That would put us Valley Divisioners test scores to be released on Friday
                  I read this today:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...30987303666243

Comment

• I called and spoke with CHP hiring unit and they said they have 4-6wks for processing the scores so they weren't sure who told me 10 days. Was anyone else at the written test on 9/7 for the valley division? Was it just me that heard the officer who was the proctor say 10 days?

Comment

• Sorry guys but another update. CHP called me and said that that the proctor made a mistake and that the valley division testers won't be getting their results for at least 30 days. She said that the coastal division scores need to be scored first because they took their test before the valley division so that's part of the current hold up. She also said that they are giving actual T-scores and not just a "pass/fail" like they have previously done.

Comment

Sorry guys but another update. CHP called me and said that that the proctor made a mistake and that the valley division testers won't be getting their results for at least 30 days. She said that the coastal division scores need to be scored first because they took their test before the valley division so that's part of the current hold up. She also said that they are giving actual T-scores and not just a "pass/fail" like they have previously done.
                        They gave T-scores before but it was a pass/fail over a certain T-score. They are going off of the actual T-scores now because they aren't doing the QAP anymore, which is where you would get your score and ranking. Good luck to you and let us know when you hear.

Comment

• I attended the valley written. Yes, they did say 10 days but they never said we would have OUR results emailed to us in 10 days. More like "results will exist in 10 days, you will get your score when we give it to you". The proctor also mentioned that the written test was heavily weighed and will determine quite a bit as to where you will stand in the hiring process.

Comment

• Has anybody's online status changed beyond "Passed Background Investigation"? If so, to what?

Comment

• Originally posted by 55 View Post
                              Has anybody's online status changed beyond "Passed Background Investigation"? If so, to what?
                              Not yet. That's what mine currently says. What do you have left?

Comment

• Originally posted by 55 View Post
                                Has anybody's online status changed beyond "Passed Background Investigation"? If so, to what?
                                That's what mine says. I know I passed medical and that they are waiting for my psych results from CalHR. I'd imagine it will change once invites go out if all goes well with psych.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9470 users online. 234 members and 9236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X