300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland military tickets using LE creds

A coworker (who has never been in the military) says for the past few years he has taken his family to disneyland with tickets he bought at the commissary. He says he does this every year and has never had any problems with using them by just showing his LE creds. Buying the tickets on base will save me hundreds of dollars but I just don't know if it will work. I would hate to buy them and be stuck with worthless tickets because I do not know if I can return these type of tickets to the commissary. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Do you have to present creds with the tickets? We buy discounted tickets through our POA and I don't believe we have to present any ID when we show up at the gate.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

First of all, the military commissary is grocery store. Your friend may have been talking about purchasing it from the MWR Activity Kiosk on base. These are often located in or around the MILITARY EXCHANGE (or PX).

As far as I know, you don't have to show creds when using the tickets. I've purchased them and given them to my relatives when they took my son to Disneyland. They experienced no issues when they went there.

A better deal is if you have buddies living or working in or around Disneyland. They have special tickets for CA residents.
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Be it via Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Information, Tickets and Tours (ITT) or via the Exchange, you typically have to be an authorized patron (military/dependant or authorized DoD civilian) to make a purchase.

While I know of no specific policy for tickets, an authorized patron can give something they purchased at an Exchange away; so that would likely remove any issue with a non-patron using them.
        You are correct about the potential savings by using MWR/ITT for tickets as I have purchased tickets for the movies, amusement parks, special events and even booked travel through MWR and ITT countless times and often times there is nothing on the face of the ticket to reflect the discounted price or even where I got them.

I have NEVER been asked for my ID when using any tickets - ever.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
          First of all, the military commissary is grocery store. Your friend may have been talking about purchasing it from the MWR Activity Kiosk on base. These are often located in or around the MILITARY EXCHANGE (or PX).

As far as I know, you don't have to show creds when using the tickets. I've purchased them and given them to my relatives when they took my son to Disneyland. They experienced no issues when they went there.

A better deal is if you have buddies living or working in or around Disneyland. They have special tickets for CA residents.
          The resident price is not all that great neither is the military or Leo price. I'd say you save maybe $5 off the gate price. It's better if your gay/lesbian on go on their special day. The other parks in town give an average of 40% off to military and Leo's.
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Moparfan is right about the other parks-knott's berry has incredible discounts.

The California pass is for Southern Califrnia residences only (cut off is Kings County). $320 something versus $640 something for the regular annual pass...
            semper destravit

Comment

I gotta ask, is it really worth it if you have to ask? You aren't military, why not just buy the tickets normally?
              For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                A coworker (who has never been in the military) says for the past few years he has taken his family to disneyland with tickets he bought at the commissary. He says he does this every year and has never had any problems with using them by just showing his LE creds. Buying the tickets on base will save me hundreds of dollars but I just don't know if it will work. I would hate to buy them and be stuck with worthless tickets because I do not know if I can return these type of tickets to the commissary. Does anyone have any experience with this?
                Question if your friend has never been in the military then how is he getting on base to get the tickets?? Is he a civilian worker on base?
                I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                  Question if your friend has never been in the military then how is he getting on base to get the tickets?? Is he a civilian worker on base?
                  Some exchanges are off-post and the concessions are open to the general public.
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                    I gotta ask, is it really worth it if you have to ask? You aren't military, why not just buy the tickets normally?
                    If its not illegal, why pay more then you have to? It sounds like the venue to buy the tickets is open to the general public and Disneyland doesn't care who the end user is. Should I cancel my USAA insurance because I was never in the military?

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
                      I just show my creds and its no problem. I've been on base to buy tickets for the movies a couple of times in the past few years. I work for an agency that is within DHS that has nothing to do with DOD. I don't know if that even matters though. When I'm at the gate I just show them my creds and they let me in. Maybe anybody could do it so I don't have any concern about getting the tickets. My worry is disney will want military ID to get in on the military price. But my coworker swears he has done it multiple times so I just wanted to know if this is some open secret that I was not aware of here. Its apparently a big difference in price according to the guy at work.
                      Last edited by SHU; 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hbliam View Post
                        If its not illegal, why pay more then you have to? It sounds like the venue to buy the tickets is open to the general public and Disneyland doesn't care who the end user is. Should I cancel my USAA insurance because I was never in the military?

IF they are desginated for military folks and their families...I just think its kind of a ***** move. Wouldn't you be embarassed if they asked for a miltary ID and you couldn't produce one? I would.
                        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by hbliam View Post
                          Apples to Oranges, USAA is handed down from generations.

However as suggested, if they ask for military ID or ask if you are in the military, what then?
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I think that's the point of the thread. He wants to know if its kosher for him to use them. I'm sure if it wasn't he wouldn't consider it.

And it's apples to apples if its ok for the venue to sell to them to non-military and Dland doesn't care who uses the tickets.
                            Last edited by hbliam; 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
                              IF they are desginated for military folks and their families...I just think its kind of a ***** move. Wouldn't you be embarassed if they asked for a miltary ID and you couldn't produce one? I would.
                              I don't think either of us knows enough about the program to know if anything is "designated." It's likely Dland just wants to sell more tickets and discounts them because they buy a lot of them. And if they were only meant for military then it seems the sales venue would be the ones to regulate that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10919 users online. 547 members and 10372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X