Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR taking applications 2013

Starting today. Good luck

I just applied right before the deadline.

Comment

I applied and heard from them last week for a test for this saturday...did anyone else heard from them? and does anyone know if the test is different from the one before? My boyfriend said that according to the video that is the test they do at the beginning and the last week of the academy....just wondering if anyone out there knows....

Comment

Not sure, yess.

I got an email inviting me to the Physical fitness test in Ontario on May 1st. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Just curious. How livable is the wage of 3,700.00 a month? Is there a great deal of o.t. Available, or does it vary by institution? I have heard that CDCR Officers make a great wage, but I assume much of it is a result of overtime.
          Also does anyone have an educated opinion on the job security? It seems that layoffs were out there not long ago. How have things changed in such a short time? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wentwest View Post
            Just curious. How livable is the wage of 3,700.00 a month? Is there a great deal of o.t. Available, or does it vary by institution? I have heard that CDCR Officers make a great wage, but I assume much of it is a result of overtime.
            Also does anyone have an educated opinion on the job security? It seems that layoffs were out there not long ago. How have things changed in such a short time? Thanks in advance for any insight.
            This is exactly what I am wondering myself. 3,700 a month base salary is ok for Certain areas in Los Angeles for example which is where I live. I mean you won't get to live on the Westside unless its an apartment with that amount. But there are nice places where you can live with that salary. So as you said I have also heard that CDCR officers make a really good salary. Must be the OT. Curious about the layoffs as well. Wish someone can shed some light on these issues.

Comment

Oh Im sure it might take time but a CO will be making Range K = $6,144 Top of Pay Scale. I know my boyfriend does.

Comment

Keep in mind that just about all of the candidates who go through the next few academies will end up in Stockton. I was told that it will be difficult to lateral too. The new prison will consist of 13% of existing officers and the rest will be new officers.

Comment

Originally posted by jerradkf View Post
                  Keep in mind that just about all of the candidates who go through the next few academies will end up in Stockton. I was told that it will be difficult to lateral too. The new prison will consist of 13% of existing officers and the rest will be new officers.
                  So it won't matter if you preferably would like to wrk nearest to your home, you still might end up in Stockton?

Comment

Originally posted by LAbert View Post
                    So it won't matter if you preferably would like to wrk nearest to your home, you still might end up in Stockton?

They send you where you're needed. I was told by a sgt, (who is one of the BIs for the hiring process) that Stockton is where i'll be stuck. They may allow a few people to go to other prisons but not to count on it. He also said that I shouldn't assume that I could lateral after a couple of years, and that I should plan on being where i'm assigned for most of my career. They will not allow you to lateral because you didn't adapt to the new area like you thought you would, or maybe you weren't able to sell your house or something of that nature. There are 4 prisons within 30 or so miles of where I am now that I thought I'd be able to get into, but it doesn't look as though that is going to happen. This is according to both the sgt and my brother who has been a CO for nearly 15 years now.

Comment

The state doesn't care where you live. You can live in San Diego and if the only opening are in Pelican Bay that's what they will offer you. Yes, their many officers who make over 100 cause of the overtime. But it isn't something you can count on. The overtime is up and down. The only officers that were laid off were the ones who didn't wanna become part time or relocate. Since then those officers have been offered to come back.

Comment

Thanks for the info jerradkf and duke!

If that is the case I will have a long talk with the wife, and see how she feels about a possible relocation IF I were to be hired.

Comment

This forum has lots of info in case anyone is intersted ...

indeed.com/forum/job/corrections-officer/CDCR-June-Acadamy-2011/t346484/p68

Comment

I did the PFT yesterday and passed! I just hope they move the process quick.
                            Anyone else in?

Comment

Just got my acceptance letter and I'm clear for hire. Finally, after a three year process!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6526 users online. 452 members and 6074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X