Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Officers Shot, One Fatally by Ex-LAPD Officer (Irvine 187 Susp)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Officers Shot, One Fatally by Ex-LAPD Officer (Irvine 187 Susp)

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KTLA) — A massive manhunt is underway for a double murder suspect, himself a former LAPD officer, after three officers were shot overnight, one fatally.

Two Riverside Police Department officers were shot early Thursday as they were riding in a single vehicle near Magnolia and Arlington, police said.

The officers were hit multiple times each. One of them was able to radio for help.

Both officers were taken to Riverside Community Hospital. One of those officers has reportedly passed away.

In addition, an LAPD officer was reportedly shot and suffered a graze wound in the area of Magnolia and the 15 Freeway in Corona. A command post has been set up on the Magnolia overpass.

irvine-guy-4The suspect is believed to be Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, a former police officer and Navy reservist.

Officials warned that Dorner is armed and dangerous. He is believed to be driving a black Nissan Titan pickup, California license plate 8D83987.

Police said he may have changed the license plate to elude law enforcement.

He is wanted for allegedly killing Cal State Fullerton assistant basketball coach Monica Quan, the daughter of a former LAPD officer, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence.

The couple was found shot to death in the parking lot of their upscale apartment complex in Irvine on Sunday night.

Authorities say that Dorner wrote an online manifesto threatening to harm police officials and their families.

Law enforcement sources said police have placed security at the homes of L.A. police officials named in the manifesto and believe Dorner has numerous weapons.

In the online postings, Dorner specifically named retired L.A. police captain Randy Quan, the father of Monica Quan.

Randy Quan was involved in the process that ultimately led to Dorner’s dismissal, according to authorities.

Dorner was fired in 2008 for allegedly making false statements about his training officer.

Dorner said in his online postings that being a police officer had been his life’s ambition since he served in the police Explorer program.

Now that that had been taken away from him, he said, he suffered from severe depression, and was filled with rage at the people who forced him from his job.

Dorner complained that Quan and others did not fairly represent him at the review hearing.

“Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over. Suppressing the truth will leave to deadly consequences for you and your family.”

“There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep,” he wrote, referring to Quan and several others.

“I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours,” he added.

Quan apparently served as Dorner’s representative, according to the manifesto.

“He doesn’t work for you, your interest, or your name,” Dorner wrote of Quan. “He works for the department, period.”

“His job is to protect the department from civil lawsuits being filed and their best interest which is the almighty dollar. His loyalty is to the department, not his client.”

In the document, he threatens violence against other police officers.

“The violence of action will be high…. I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty,” Dorner wrote.

In his manifesto, Dorner also seemed to allude to the double murder in Irvine.

He says he he knows people who know him “are in disbelief” about media reports that he’s suspected of “such horrendous murders.”

“Unfortunately,” he said, “this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name.”

Dorner’s last known address is in La Palma. He is described as a 6-foot-tall African American who weighs about 270 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call a tip line at (714) 724-7192. If you see Dorner, you should call 911 immediately.

Late Wednesday, the LAPD issued a statement regarding Dorner, saying it is working on the investigation with Irvine police and is taking his threats “very seriously.”

The statement said the department “is implementing all measures possible to ensure the safety of our LAPD personnel, their families and the Los Angeles Community.”

The LAPD said that Dorner was employed as a police officer from Feb. 7, 2002, until Sept. 4, 2008, when his employment was terminated.

Dorner’s LAPD case began when he lodged a complaint against his field training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans. He accused her of kicking a suspect named Christopher Gettler.

The LAPD Board of Rights found that the complaint was false and terminated his employment for making false statements. He appealed the action.

He testified that he graduated from the Police Academy in February 2006 and left for a 13-month military deployment in November 2006.

“This is my last resort,” he wrote. “The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now led to deadly consequences.”

Dorner said it was the LAPD’s fault that he lost his law enforcement and Navy careers, as well as his relationships with family and close friends.

“I lost everything,” he said, “because the LAPD took my name and knew I was innocent.”

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/manhunt-f...#ixzz2KDfDkgj9
    Read more at http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/manhunt-f...j0HCHvY2iyv.99

Originally posted by A.D.D Cop View Post
    RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KTLA) — A massive manhunt is underway for a double murder suspect, himself a former LAPD officer, after three officers were shot overnight, one fatally.

Two Riverside Police Department officers were shot early Thursday as they were riding in a single vehicle near Magnolia and Arlington, police said.

The officers were hit multiple times each. One of them was able to radio for help.

Both officers were taken to Riverside Community Hospital. One of those officers has reportedly passed away.

In addition, an LAPD officer was reportedly shot and suffered a graze wound in the area of Magnolia and the 15 Freeway in Corona. A command post has been set up on the Magnolia overpass.

irvine-guy-4The suspect is believed to be Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, a former police officer and Navy reservist.

Officials warned that Dorner is armed and dangerous. He is believed to be driving a black Nissan Titan pickup, California license plate 8D83987.

Police said he may have changed the license plate to elude law enforcement.

He is wanted for allegedly killing Cal State Fullerton assistant basketball coach Monica Quan, the daughter of a former LAPD officer, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence.

The couple was found shot to death in the parking lot of their upscale apartment complex in Irvine on Sunday night.

Authorities say that Dorner wrote an online manifesto threatening to harm police officials and their families.

Law enforcement sources said police have placed security at the homes of L.A. police officials named in the manifesto and believe Dorner has numerous weapons.

In the online postings, Dorner specifically named retired L.A. police captain Randy Quan, the father of Monica Quan.

Randy Quan was involved in the process that ultimately led to Dorner’s dismissal, according to authorities.

Dorner was fired in 2008 for allegedly making false statements about his training officer.

Dorner said in his online postings that being a police officer had been his life’s ambition since he served in the police Explorer program.

Now that that had been taken away from him, he said, he suffered from severe depression, and was filled with rage at the people who forced him from his job.

Dorner complained that Quan and others did not fairly represent him at the review hearing.

“Your lack of ethics and conspiring to wrong a just individual are over. Suppressing the truth will leave to deadly consequences for you and your family.”

“There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep,” he wrote, referring to Quan and several others.

“I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours,” he added.

Quan apparently served as Dorner’s representative, according to the manifesto.

“He doesn’t work for you, your interest, or your name,” Dorner wrote of Quan. “He works for the department, period.”

“His job is to protect the department from civil lawsuits being filed and their best interest which is the almighty dollar. His loyalty is to the department, not his client.”

In the document, he threatens violence against other police officers.

“The violence of action will be high…. I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty,” Dorner wrote.

In his manifesto, Dorner also seemed to allude to the double murder in Irvine.

He says he he knows people who know him “are in disbelief” about media reports that he’s suspected of “such horrendous murders.”

“Unfortunately,” he said, “this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name.”

Dorner’s last known address is in La Palma. He is described as a 6-foot-tall African American who weighs about 270 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call a tip line at (714) 724-7192. If you see Dorner, you should call 911 immediately.

Late Wednesday, the LAPD issued a statement regarding Dorner, saying it is working on the investigation with Irvine police and is taking his threats “very seriously.”

The statement said the department “is implementing all measures possible to ensure the safety of our LAPD personnel, their families and the Los Angeles Community.”

The LAPD said that Dorner was employed as a police officer from Feb. 7, 2002, until Sept. 4, 2008, when his employment was terminated.

Dorner’s LAPD case began when he lodged a complaint against his field training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans. He accused her of kicking a suspect named Christopher Gettler.

The LAPD Board of Rights found that the complaint was false and terminated his employment for making false statements. He appealed the action.

He testified that he graduated from the Police Academy in February 2006 and left for a 13-month military deployment in November 2006.

“This is my last resort,” he wrote. “The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now led to deadly consequences.”

Dorner said it was the LAPD’s fault that he lost his law enforcement and Navy careers, as well as his relationships with family and close friends.

“I lost everything,” he said, “because the LAPD took my name and knew I was innocent.”

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/manhunt-f...#ixzz2KDfDkgj9
    Read more at http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/manhunt-f...j0HCHvY2iyv.99
    Wow, I wonder if there is any truth to what Dorner said. Clearly a lot is left out of this story. This dude is off his rockers.
    Forever Blue.

Comment

That AH needs to be terminated, he is beyond help and is a extreme danger to any cop here in Calif.
      Retired LASD

Comment

Is this the case of another ex-soldier with PTSD?
        Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
          No, Albert, his "fans" may try to paint it as PTSD. This is nothing more than a fired employee taking revenge against those he thinks have wronged him. He killed the daughter of my LAPD classmate, and my classmate WAS HIS DEFENSE ATTORNEY.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I don't believe he's crazy enough to avoid being legally responsible for his acts, but reading his "manifesto" certainly makes clear is position, ability and intent to harm more people (including police officers). At this moment (according to local new sources), he might be barricaded in a Point Loma (San Diego) hotel room.

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2101902...about-slayings

Edited to add: This is so messed up on so many levels, I can't even begin to contemplate the implications.
            Last edited by pulicords; 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM.
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
              No, Albert, his "fans" may try to paint it as PTSD. This is nothing more than a fired employee taking revenge against those he thinks have wronged him. He killed the daughter of my LAPD classmate, and my classmate WAS HIS DEFENSE ATTORNEY.
              Sorry to hear that Kieth. I hope they get this guy before he can kill anyone else.
              “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY NOT...

It has already been confirmed this guy has ZERO combat experience and his total time at LAPD was limited to about two years.

Comment

I don't care if he was a ex cop from LAPD or a reserve Naval officer, he is a extreme danger to all cops and citizens, the only justice is for him to be eliminated from society... He has lost all rights to live..
                  Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post

Jesus, Officer Kieth.........

Albert.. STFU

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                    he is a extreme danger to all cops and citizens, the only justice is for him to be eliminated from society... He has lost all rights to live..

The ramifications...Umm, of him, not you Sire Officer Retired96...

This has the potential to be a "bone shaker", I'm 'afeared..
                    Last edited by asullivan; 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: Covert'In reQuiRed'S fer' baby Jesus sakes
                    Originally posted by mookster
                    Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                    Originally posted by CityCopDC
                    I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                    Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                    I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                    -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

They just found a vehicle that fits the description of his truck near Big Bear. Hopefully, they finally catch this loser... God Bless the Riverside Police Department Officer lost.

Comment

Not in this case. This guy is just a savage.

Comment

Its confirmed the vehicle found in Big Bear is his truck.
                          Retired LASD

Comment

Any update on this lunatic?... Been hearing some weird things on this story over the past few hours. I heard the LAPD opened fire on a couple vehicles that matched the description of his before they eventually found his burning vehicle, one driven by a lady with another female occupant...

Comment

I read on one of the articles about this guy that his mom told him "sometimes bad things happen to good people" and he said he couldn't believe that. Now goes out killing good people. Officers and Civilians. I really hope they get this guy and his rampage ends. I will be shocked if he is taken in alive. I hope it hurts for him. RIP those taken already and hopefully they are the last.
                              Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11319 users online. 372 members and 10947 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X