Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received my detailed earnings the same day. You only have to send off for it if you don't want to pay the fee. Otherwise, pay the fee and get it the same day. Make sure you get someone who knows what they are talking about because I got contradictory information from them at first.

Comment

• Good luck!
      ps: how many points is added for the Veteran preference?
      ΟΥΔΕΠΟΤΕ ΥΠΟΧΩΡΩ ΟΥΔΕΠΟΤΕ ΠΑΡΑΔΙΔΟΜΑÎ
      "I Never Retreat, I Never Surrender"

Comment

• +10 points for veterans

Comment

• Scored 75... I heard 85 is the cutoff for BI... Good luck guys! I guess I need more 'life experience'.

Comment

• RedLeg, re-take it again in fall...
            75 is not that far from 85 or even 95. I have been through many of interviews, I gave same answers to all, its the only truth I know. My score range is anywhere from 65-95 and let me stress that again; always the same answers!
            The only difference was how I felt and how I projected myself at the interview. I am not sure if you studied or went on any ride-alongs. I was firmly advised to disregard EVERY other agency prior my CHP process and focus solely on CHP and CHP alone. It helped a lot in a way that I was able to grasp the mind set they look for, I studied CHP as if I were at the academy already.
            I am out of state applicant, and I had a lot to learn, I have never been around CHP officers- dont even know any urban legends about them-. I was lucky, very lucky, and given as many ride alongs as I could fit in between the testings -vision-PAT-QAP and I asked and observed every little detail I noticed it is embedded in their routine.
            None of them changed my answers, after all you remember the questions there is not much to alter unless you are making stuff up, but it helped me realize why are they asking the questions they do.
            You didnt fail buddy and thats a great start, take it as it is and built from here, you know the whole process at this time. If being a CHP is what you really want do to, improve from now to the next QAP and show them that you were not a casual applicant. If you have any more questions PM any time Ill gladly share my notes.

Comment

• Dont give up redleg89, when I applied 4 years ago I only got a 65 + 10 vet points =75. The CHP will be hiring again some time in fall. I dont know your current situation, but If life experience is what they told you, things to look into are more schooling, moving out on your own, maybe advance at your current job and sometimes it's simply just letting time pass. You'll be ok though sir/ma'am. Use this time to continue to better yourself and it'll all work out.

Comment

• Nick_22, have u heard from your BI yet? I know they have multiple cases, just trying to get a feeling for how long it will be until I meet with mine. I received my email today informing me that my packet is due on may 3rd and that there is a mandatory background orientation on may 9th.

Comment

• Nope, I have not heard from anyone yet. I also did not receive any email mentioning anything about a mandatory background orientation.

Comment

• I was told it was just southern division that was doing it... I central didn't/hasent had one either. Thanks though man, and good luck to you!

Comment

• Same to you!

Comment

• Is there anyone from southern division going to the PT Session this Saturday?

Comment

• Where is it?

Comment

• It's at cal state Los Angeles, however, you had to RSVP a little over a week ago. Southern div sent out an email with the details.

Comment

• Hope it goes well buddy! I am an unfortunate out of state applicant, could not afford to make it. Could you let me know what is the focus area? (I am assuming its cardio and more cardio and than some more cardio, just want to do as much as I can to be ready and have as smooth as possible transition if/when I get invited)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger13 View Post
                                It's at cal state Los Angeles, however, you had to RSVP a little over a week ago. Southern div sent out an email with the details.
                                Phew, good thing I already have my badge then I guess..

I'll swing by and watch the fun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12410 users online. 414 members and 11996 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X