Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 CHP Testing Cycle

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by jrgutierrez1989 View Post
    Mine doesnt say anything about dress to impress
    Within this thread, I posted a study guide for all interested candidates to read. It is for their benefit. If you read it, you would have noted on 1 the following statement:

    Attire.
    Applicant should wear clothing appropriate for a business interview.
    Dress should be conservative and color coordinated. For men, a suit, sport jacket
    and tie with dress slacks or a Class A military uniform for military personnel would
    be acceptable. Likewise for women, a business suit, dress, dress skirt/slacks and
    blouse or Class A military uniform for military personnel is appropriate.
    May I suggest you use the study guide. You may pass the QAP by having a correct answer.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
      Within this thread, I posted a study guide for all interested candidates to read. It is for their benefit. If you read it, you would have noted on 1 the following statement:



      May I suggest you use the study guide. You may pass the QAP by having a correct answer.
      Oh I read the study guide, the guy above me just confused me when he said his email said dress to im press and mine didnt. I cleared that confusion after re reading the study guide and the pamphlet I recieved at a seminar.


      So ill piggyback off what SgtCHP said for anyone else that may be wondering. Any event, unless told otherwise will be business attire. Obviously the PAT is gym attire.

      Although I dont know why anyone would show up in casual clothing to any event.

      Comment


      • #48
        To update this thread and hopefully get others on the same page.

        2/1: administered POST exam
        2/8 (today): received T-Score and date for PAT which will be on 2/16, a week from today.

        Quick question. I'm honestly not in the best physical shape...I've been training and building my endurance for the 1.5mi/300m run but if I feel I'm not ready, should I still go ahead and take the PAT? I'm thinking...it's better to try and see what happens then to not show up at all. If one fails the PAT, are they given another chance?

        Thanks for all your help.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by dc415 View Post
          To update this thread and hopefully get others on the same page.

          2/1: administered POST exam
          2/8 (today): received T-Score and date for PAT which will be on 2/16, a week from today.

          Quick question. I'm honestly not in the best physical shape...I've been training and building my endurance for the 1.5mi/300m run but if I feel I'm not ready, should I still go ahead and take the PAT? I'm thinking...it's better to try and see what happens then to not show up at all. If one fails the PAT, are they given another chance?

          Thanks for all your help.
          Hey bro. That's how people end up failing out of the academy. It's all mental. One already begins worrying about tomorrow, and then ends up dropping out because he or she thinks they can't keep up. Just keep on running, and you'll do well on the 16th. Good luck. Remember, CHP hasn't accepted applications in a long time, so don't think about not showing up!

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by efren1090 View Post
            Hey bro. That's how people end up failing out of the academy. It's all mental. One already begins worrying about tomorrow, and then ends up dropping out because he or she thinks they can't keep up. Just keep on running, and you'll do well on the 16th. Good luck. Remember, CHP hasn't accepted applications in a long time, so don't think about not showing up!
            Yeah, I totally agree. I know better than to think about failing even before I attempt.

            Thanks for the advice, I'll keep at it. Good luck to everyone.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by dc415 View Post
              Yeah, I totally agree. I know better than to think about failing even before I attempt.

              Thanks for the advice, I'll keep at it. Good luck to everyone.
              No problem! Best of luck!

              Comment


              • #52
                About to take a quick 2.5 mile run before my written later today. Good luck everyone in the Central Division!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Border Division finished up the PAT yesterday, QAP interviews all week with mine on Friday

                  Im nervous!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by jrgutierrez1989 View Post
                    Border Division finished up the PAT yesterday, QAP interviews all week with mine on Friday

                    Im nervous!
                    That's awesome man!... Just do your best to show you're prepared.

                    How long to get your written test results?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Invitation to the Cadet, CHP, Written Test DATE: 2/23/2013 TIME: 1:00 PM
                      LOCATION: LOS ANGELES CONVENTION CENTER CONCOURSE HALL F
                      1201 SOUTH FIGUEROA ST
                      LOS ANGELES, California 90015

                      For Southern Division.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I keep hearing about a video that shows the proper form for the situps and pushups for the PAT but, after much searching, I haven't been able to locate it. Has anyone else been able to locate this video? I know they show a video at the beginning of the PAT, but I've heard a few candidates mention finding it online as well. Thanks!

                        On edit: Disregard my question. CHP Recruiting just posted the video on Facebook.
                        Last edited by stpdpny; 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by stpdpny View Post
                          I keep hearing about a video that shows the proper form for the situps and pushups for the PAT but, after much searching, I haven't been able to locate it. Has anyone else been able to locate this video? I know they show a video at the beginning of the PAT, but I've heard a few candidates mention finding it online as well. Thanks!

                          Its not really that big of a deal. There will be a PT staff member there that will explain proper form of your pushups and situps before you start. Just practice pushups and situps in general and you should be fine. Good luck!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by jrgutierrez1989 View Post
                            Its not really that big of a deal. There will be a PT staff member there that will explain proper form of your pushups and situps before you start. Just practice pushups and situps in general and you should be fine. Good luck!
                            Thanks! I've been practicing, but heard a number of people were DQed for lack of proper form so I wanted to get mine down pat. CHP Recruiting just posted the video on their Facebook page.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Quick question, I recently injured my hand at work and as a result I'm not able to do any push-ups. I'm not even able to support my weight to attempt to do them. I don't believe that it will be healed in the 11 or so days to make the 23rd/24th PAT for central. So, my question is, what are my chances of switching my PAT to the Coastal in order to give myself time to heal? I'd be willing to travel for every step of the process. I'd really hate to miss this hiring cycle due to an injury. Thanks in advance! -Jerrad

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by jerradkf View Post
                                Quick question, I recently injured my hand at work and as a result I'm not able to do any push-ups. I'm not even able to support my weight to attempt to do them. I don't believe that it will be healed in the 11 or so days to make the 23rd/24th PAT for central. So, my question is, what are my chances of switching my PAT to the Coastal in order to give myself time to heal? I'd be willing to travel for every step of the process. I'd really hate to miss this hiring cycle due to an injury. Thanks in advance! -Jerrad
                                In all probability you are going to have to waiver this series and await the next open application. If you are unable to perform you are not like capabale to get a waiver or reschedule. However, there is nothing to stop your inquiry with your local division testing persons. Good luck and heal totally.
                                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

                                [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5764 users online. 226 members and 5538 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X