300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
    You are worrying too much. So what, if they yell at you? They cannot eat you! It is all a game and to build your personal ability to handle stress. Work on your running, conditioning and stamina. You will be fine. Size is not the issue - mental attitude is the issue! Good luck!
    Thank you.
    Yelling was more of a metaphor for not being prepared enough. Mental toughness/strength to me comes with confidence of well done homework.
    Thank you for your input.
    ΟΥΔΕΠΟΤΕ ΥΠΟΧΩΡΩ ΟΥΔΕΠΟΤΕ ΠΑΡΑΔΙΔΟΜΑÎ
    "I Never Retreat, I Never Surrender"

Comment

• Just did an APP workout last night with the Golden Gate division recruiters. They had us do the PAT again, but this was just to let ourselves know where we stand physically. The next few months they will introduce the academy workouts. The Sgt said that they are trying to fill the September class as soon as possible. That means that they are taking applicants with easy backgrounds and completing them and getting them into the class. My BI postponed my background till July, the Sgt said this probably means that I will have to wait for the January class. I am slightly bummed but oh well, I should be glad that I have gotten this far. (And yea, this is a very quiet forum, I thought there were 22,000 applicants... where did they all go?)
      Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

• Anyone with any input, please help, are they still accepting applications?

Comment

• I applied for this announcement and obtained 100 on the oral board interview. I have been contacted by my BI but have not been scheduled for an interview with him.

Comment

• Are they going to test again or they are done accepting applications for 2013
            LAPD
            PQE - 06/04/2013
            PBI - 07/16/2013
            Polygraph- 07/25/2013
            PAT1 - 07/26/2013
            Department Interview - 08/21/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by georgimma View Post
              Are they going to test again or they are done accepting applications for 2013
              They will test again sometime in fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by georgimma View Post
                Are they going to test again or they are done accepting applications for 2013
                Here is the testing schedule for 2013.........

2013 Test Schedule CHP
                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

• Yes, the recruiters have been saying that Applications will be accepted again this fall. There are no exact dates.

Im waiting to meet with my BI, he said sometime in July for the initial interview.

Comment

• Anyone remember back in the late 1990's early 2000's when CHP applications were open/continous?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raidergx View Post
                      Anyone remember back in the late 1990's early 2000's when CHP applications were open/continous?
                      Yeah, when I went to my college's job fair around 2007, I remember hardly anybody wanted to talk to the CHP recruiter, or any LE for that matter (save for the FBI, that's another story though, lol). I didn't apply back then because I was told I needed 20/40 uncorrected. Once I found out about the uncorrected "exemption" with contacts, it was pretty much too late. I wonder if there will be an exodus of officers as the economy improves and picks up steam, especially with the reduced benefits of working in the public sector?

Comment

Anyone remember back in the late 1990's early 2000's when CHP applications were open/continous?
                        I remember when the test was given every two years and you had to be a resident of the state for one year before applying.
                        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

Comment

• Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                          I remember when the test was given every two years and you had to be a resident of the state for one year before applying.
                          That was back before they combined with State/Capitol Police. Wasn't there a TV show on about the CHP around that time?

Comment

• Has anyone from Central Division that scored a 95 on their QAP received a call from their background investigator? Just curious.

Comment

That was back before they combined with State/Capitol Police. Wasn't there a TV show on about the CHP around that time?
                              If you are thinking of CHiPs, that show came out in 1977. The merger of the Stat Police and the CHP happened in about 1994. When I entered the patrol in 1966 it was every two years and a resident of the state for one year before eligibility. Operation 500 started in the later 60s and that lead to a major retirement mass in the 90s - which is when they started open testing. In spite of the hiring, the patrol has around 7000 officers for the entire state. Far less than LAPD or LASD.

Comment

• How are people doing on their backgrounds? I know one guy who has received his invitation letter to the September academy. Im still waiting for July to start my backgrounds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9268 users online. 421 members and 8847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X