300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sprtcs312 View Post
    Hope it goes well buddy! I am an unfortunate out of state applicant, could not afford to make it. Could you let me know what is the focus area? (I am assuming its cardio and more cardio and than some more cardio, just want to do as much as I can to be ready and have as smooth as possible transition if/when I get invited)
    It was more than a simple orientation, it's an actual Crossfit workout program. They gave us workout routines to follow for the week. We have to log our results and turn them into the intructors every Saturday. Today we took the PAT again, and we'll take it again in three months. It was pretty cool, no yelling or screaming; they legitametley where there just to help us better ourselves.

Comment

• is it safe to assume that the workout program is as any other crossfit? or is it tweeked more in some areas
      (I tried to PM you about this but I was not successful)
      The reason I am being so noisy is because I completely altered my workouts, I was a classical post-Ncaa athlete that just become obsessed with powerlifting.
      I went from 8-10 reps 4 sets 4-5 excerices workouts to 16-18 reps 6 sets 6 excercices +5mile run at least 4 times a week, I coach water polo so I am in water 5 days a week aside of my own workouts.
      Any little info will help me beat the anxiety I have about how fit I need to be pre-academy.
      ΟΥΔΕΠΟΤΕ ΥΠΟΧΩΡΩ ΟΥΔΕΠΟΤΕ ΠΑΡΑΔΙΔΟΜΑÎ
      "I Never Retreat, I Never Surrender"

Comment

is it safe to assume that the workout program is as any other crossfit? or is it tweeked more in some areas
        The reason I am being so noisy is because I completely altered my workouts, I was a classical post-Ncaa athlete that just become obsessed with powerlifting.
        I went from 8-10 reps 4 sets 4-5 excerices workouts to 16-18 reps 6 sets 6 excercices +5mile run at least 4 times a week, I coach water polo so I am in water 5 days a week aside of my own workouts.
        Any little info will help me beat the anxiety I have about how fit I need to be pre-academy.
        PM Sent

Comment

• .....you'll be just fine, bro.

Originally posted by Sprtcs312 View Post
          is it safe to assume that the workout program is as any other crossfit? or is it tweeked more in some areas

Comment

• flybywire, thanks!
            I have been training with local LEO's and I even train at local academy, but I was in for a rude awaking at my PAT. The returning active duty members are in a far better shape than %70-80 of the civilian applicants. Which is very normal. This being said my fear is that I will be expected to catch up with my classmates at the academy.
            I am a very classical "well isolated" midwesterner at 6'4 250 lbs. I am by no means out of shape, but I have not been running for over 10 years, granted I swim almost every day. Its a different animal.
            Plus they kept yelling at the PAT, and I am not looking forward to create more reasons for anyone to make me "feel special", especially not at the academy. At my age I really would much rather do my homework and go prepared than being a John Rambo and standing out at every event ...

Comment

• I just found this thread... and Im glad to see some other people in the same phase.

I am in Golden Gate Division, and received a score of 90 on my QAP. I have turned in my background packet and was contacted by my BI last week. Due to some issues he had to take some time off and postponed my initial interview to June (we were supposed to meet last week).

Does anybody know how many applicants have made it this far in the process? Its hard to believe that 20,000 people applied in the beginning.
              Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

• Does anyone know what Impending Post-Selection Steps means?

Comment

• Not sure, but I have the same status and I saw the question was asked in the CHP Recruiting facebook page.

Comment

• Hmm, well let me know if anyone responds please! It won't let me read the comments because i do not have a facebook.

Comment

• According to CHP Recruiting- "This means that your case has been forwarded from CHP Headquarters to the division you tested in to begin backgrounds."

Comment

• Well that is good, I didn't know that after you turned in your packet to the division, they sent it to headquarters.

Comment

• This is a very quite thread. Anyone from southern have their home interview yet?

Comment

• how long since you guys turned in your PHS?

Comment

flybywire, thanks!
                              I have been training with local LEO's and I even train at local academy, but I was in for a rude awaking at my PAT. The returning active duty members are in a far better shape than %70-80 of the civilian applicants. Which is very normal. This being said my fear is that I will be expected to catch up with my classmates at the academy.
                              I am a very classical "well isolated" midwesterner at 6'4 250 lbs. I am by no means out of shape, but I have not been running for over 10 years, granted I swim almost every day. Its a different animal.
                              Plus they kept yelling at the PAT, and I am not looking forward to create more reasons for anyone to make me "feel special", especially not at the academy. At my age I really would much rather do my homework and go prepared than being a John Rambo and standing out at every event ...
                              You are worrying too much. So what, if they yell at you? They cannot eat you! It is all a game and to build your personal ability to handle stress. Work on your running, conditioning and stamina. You will be fine. Size is not the issue - mental attitude is the issue! Good luck!
                              Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

how long since you guys turned in your PHS?
                                I turned in my PHS on may 3rd.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5061 users online. 218 members and 4843 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X