300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHP Officer Found Dead Near Bakersfield

Sadly, another officer is lost at the beginning of the Holiday Season.

KGET-TV

We now know the name of the victim of last night's shooting in northwest Bakersfield. California Highway Patrol officials confirm it was one of their own, 43-year-old Denny Drummond.
    Sheriff's Department spokesman Ray Pruitt said , deputies were called about 11:30 Thursday night to a report of a man shot and a woman screaming at Carla Way off Rosedale Highway. They arrived and found Drummond with a gunshot to the head.

The Coroner's Office refused to say whether the death was a homicide or a suicide.

But, there are "no outstanding suspects at this point to identify," Pruitt said. "We did recover a firearm at the scene."

CHP Capt. Mike Cardoza said Drummond had battled cancer. Although Drummond had been in remission, Cardoza said, he was being re-evaluated for a possible reoccurance.

Cardoza said Drummond had been an officer for more than 14 years and he leaves behind a wife and two sons, 11 and 17. Drummond was also a military veteran.

Drummond was taken to Kern Medical Center where he died early Friday morning.
    KGET - TV Report
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Any updated with the circumstance of this shooting?
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
      Any updated with the circumstance of this shooting?
      Self destruction!
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

Comment

I call that a very selfish act. To leave two children without their dad and for them to know their father blew his head off will affect them psychologically forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Reservetobe View Post
          I call that a very selfish act. To leave two children without their dad and for them to know their father blew his head off will affect them psychologically forever.
          Unless you know the individual and what he has gone through with his cancer issues and was having to again face those issues, don't judge. Cancer is a terrible disease and can cause individuals to suffer beyond understanding. I know, I have been battling the disease for 12 years and each time I have a setback, I am perplexed with the enormity of the struggle. I am retired and have the time; he was still working and apparently his illness was not job related. The illness might have cost him his job and who is going to hire a terminally ill person? I hope, at least, his benefits and insurance will more than adequately provide his family with financial independance. I am sure that he was thinking a similar thought!

Comment

well put sarge

Comment

GODSPEED CHP brother
              Timelines:

CBPO
              App: 2/12/09
              Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
              Written: 2/20/09
              NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
              TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
              App: 5/5/09
              Geo: San Diego
              Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
              NOR: 7/20/09
              Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
              TO: 10/6/09
              Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
              Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
              Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
              App: 8/17/10
              Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
              TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Rest In Eternal Peace, your pain is over.
                My comments are my personal opinion and are based on my life experiences and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice in any form as I am not an attorney. Should you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!

Comment

Very sad for everyone involved. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                    I know, I have been battling the disease for 12 years and each time I have a setback, I am perplexed with the enormity of the struggle.
                    Best of luck in your recover...special thought/prayer from the east coast Sgt.

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                      Best of luck in your recover...special thought/prayer from the east coast Sgt.
                      Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6341 users online. 437 members and 5904 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X