300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Positive: CHP Cadet Applications

For those who may still hold an interest............

The California Highway Patrol will be accepting online applications January 3 through January 5, 2013, for Cadet, California Highway Patrol.
    That is all of the information I have foor now; don't bother to ask questions!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thanks for the heads up, sir. I wonder how many they are looking to pick up.
    Pickle Suit

Comment

I found out this awesome news last Sunday. The day can not come fast enough!

Comment

Thank you for this valuable information!

Comment

From what I hear from my explorer post, they have gone through all the applicants on the "shelf". The process should be a quick one from applying to the academy. I plan on getting up early on the 3rd to get mine in.
          Criminals are dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have a job.

Comment

I also heard from a retired CHP friend that the applicants in the eligibility pool from two years ago will have expired by that point, which is good news for us hopefuls!

Comment

Hopefully they don't allow a certain number of applicants apply and then cut everyone else off...

Comment

YESSSSS!!!!!!! this is great news

Comment

I am applying on Jan 3., at exactly 0001. This is to good to be true to pass up or not to take seriously, especially now since I am approaching my EAOS from active duty service May 2013. SgtCHP thanks for the info!
                  "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

3 @ 55 pers? IDK if thats worth the hassle..... great gig if your not on the old 3@50 formula....

Comment

Originally posted by JBadge View Post
                      From what I hear from my explorer post, they have gone through all the applicants on the "shelf". The process should be a quick one from applying to the academy. I plan on getting up early on the 3rd to get mine in.
                      haha if only! im expecting a decent amount of wait. Can't wait to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
                        3 @ 55 pers? IDK if thats worth the hassle..... great gig if your not on the old 3@50 formula....
                        Remember 3 @ 55 also means:

2.5 @ 50
                        2.6 @ 51
                        2.7 @ 52
                        2.8 @ 53
                        2.9 @ 54
                        3.0 @ 55

With 3% @ 55, If you go on at 21, you have to work until you are 53 to max out at 90% instead of going out at 51 under 3% @ 50. You are talking about having to work just two extra years. Is that going to kill you?
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Here is confirmation of my original post:

Applications will be accepted online only during a three day recruitment effort that begins Thursday, January 3 and continues through Saturday, January 5. Those interested in applying will need to return and visit "Apply Online for Cadet."

Become A California Highway Patrol Officer
                          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by htcguy1 View Post
                            It'll actually be 2.7 @57 after the 1st of the year for new hires.

Comment

Not going to lie, I might be a "trader" and drop an app.. I don't think I've ever met a CHP officer who didn't love his job. It's been what, over a year since the last time they opened up recruitment?
                              sigpic
                              Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9227 users online. 416 members and 8811 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X