300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.A.T. Practice

I'm currently applying for different departments and would like to practice for the PAT but where would I find an obstacle course, chain link fence, and solid fence climb to practice on near Long Beach California? I already run on the beach on the evenings.

If you are applying to LASD you can come to the pre-academy workouts they offer.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

No, I'm not...but am for different cities that don't offer any pre-academy workouts so I want to practice for the PAT but where would I find a wall to climb that people won't think I'm doing something wrong (lol)

Comment

This is from the CHP Cadet Study Guide and may assist you to some degreee. Iam certain that if you practice this regimine, you will have no difficulties with any PAT..........

Physical Training. Cadets are expected to pass a variety of Physical Fitness
        Tests and the Physical Performance Program Test. To prepare, cadets should be
        involved in some form of strength training program (a circuit weight training
        program is advisable). In addition, prior to reporting to the Academy, cadets should
        develop an endurance to:
        (1) run at least three miles, three times a week, at an 8-minute-per-mile pace,
        (2) perform 50 to 75 sit-ups (unassisted),
        (3) perform 50 push-ups, and
        (4) perform four pull-ups.
        This will ensure each cadet meets the minimum incoming acceptable level.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

@SgtCHP thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by yess1976 View Post
            No, I'm not...but am for different cities that don't offer any pre-academy workouts so I want to practice for the PAT but where would I find a wall to climb that people won't think I'm doing something wrong (lol)
            Just go over to STARS center and use the course/wall no one is gonna say anything to you. When I was in the academy way back when I remember citzens from the area walking the outside of the track while we did circuits. If you feel timid about it go on a sunday no one is there!!!

To tell u the truth you could probably do the pre-academy workouts, I did a few times with a buddy who was trying to get on, no one ever said a word to me, I signed my name and went at it. This was a North academy and I didn't know any of the instructors. No one ever knew I was a deputy. If that don't work ask say "Hey I am in the proces with so and so if I sign the waiver or paper can I tag along?" I gurantee you my DI's woulda been like okay, they are all about fitness.

Comment

@240W1 that is a great tip...will give it a try.

Comment

@240W1 that is a great tip...will give it a try.
                when are you going? I would love to go and get some practice in
                Ears open, Mouth shut.

Comment

I should go on a Sunday when no one is there....I'll be embarrased to do horrible lol
                  Originally posted by Oneway View Post
                  when are you going? I would love to go and get some practice in

Comment

I should go on a Sunday when no one is there....I'll be embarrased to do horrible lol
                    Oh, you mean like climbing to the top of the wall and getting stuck there with one leg on the top and other hanging?
                    Pickle Suit

Comment

ha ha ha that's funny but I'm more worried about not making it up the wall lol....I've never climbed a wall so as you can imagine a PAT scares me
                      Originally posted by sgonzo View Post
                      Oh, you mean like climbing to the top of the wall and getting stuck there with one leg on the top and other hanging?

Comment

City of Irvine center right by the batting cages and goldenwest college have walls you can use to practice. I have been practicing myself there.

Comment

Thank you ST3988 that is good to know will try and see if I can make either STAR or Irvine this sunday.

Comment

I have been practicing climbing over the wall at Goldenwest. I had to walk around the campus to find it, but the best place to park is off of Gothard street. Enter the campus at lot "h", pass the building on the left, it is just beyond that to the left. google map it as well, you can see the course

Comment

Originally posted by mamaof3 View Post
                              I have been practicing climbing over the wall at Goldenwest. I had to walk around the campus to find it, but the best place to park is off of Gothard street. Enter the campus at lot "h", pass the building on the left, it is just beyond that to the left. google map it as well, you can see the course
                              Great! I NEED to do that. How often do you go?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5809 users online. 433 members and 5376 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X