300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiler56
    Look up McFarland PD and it's well known that LASD has hired people with convictions on their records including illegal discharge of a firearm.

I wasn't discrediting LASD. That agency has its own issues.

Re McFarland... Like I said! Desperate agencies. That Disney movie does NOT do it justice.
    semper destravit

Comment

McFarland is nowhere near LA.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Agencies lowering standards? Really? On the heels of Oakland's latest problem? If anything, standards are going to be tightened to make sure dumbasses like those nimrods don't make it in.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

His point?

You're full of bs. Go play on the security guard forums.

Comment

Go away wanna-be. You've been outed before.

Comment

There IS a shortage of Officers in the State. You should be seeing that at your agency.

ateamers comments about Oakland are 100% accurate. Perhaps you haven't seen the news in the last month but feel free to google Oakland Police. They have gone through 3 police chiefs in 8 days! They had an officer commit suicide and out several more who were having sex with and (possibly) trafficking a minor to other cops!

You have no clue if you think that won't impact every cop in the State.
              semper destravit

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler56
                You have no clue! How many times have Fresno PD been accussed of various wrong doings. From officers selling drug dealers cars, to accusation of murder. Even the deputy chief was arrested by the feds. Its an agency with 700 officers and they are still hiring people with with shady backgrounds as recent as last week.. I visit family there often.. The reality is, most people have made mistakes in their lives and departments know this. Most that become cops make great officers. If everyone who has broken a law or did something stupid is disqualified then there would be a shortage for officers in the state. Anyways, all I am saying is that there a lot of great cops in the state and the decisions of a fee should not and will not change the way agencies recruit unless POST mandates it.
                I've been a deputy sheriff since 1988, sprout. How much experience do you have as a peace officer? What is/was your job title?

Comment

I am not so sure. This Oakland thing is that bad that I could see a question being added reaffirming our understanding of our requirements to report child abuse (including child sex abuse) and to intervene when we have knowledge (on or off duty).

In fact, I will wager good money that exact question/declarative statement will be on every police application when this is said and done. (Q: you are aware you will be required to report child abuse, including child sex abuse to CPS AND your supervisor if you learn of it whether on or off duty and to physically intervene when possible).

Guy, they changed PERS pensions statewide based on less than this.
                  semper destravit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5508 users online. 317 members and 5191 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X